Taoistic Sex Believes

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Thrasher, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrasher

Thrasher New Member

Hi everyone

im pretty new here and i signed up because i wanted to get the opinions of other people regarding the believes of taiostic religion regarding sex.

i dont know if and how many people are familiar with that subject though, im reading a book about this topic at the moment ant its quite interesting.

the taoists for example believe that masturbation does have negative influences on the male body. draining him from life essence and energy. for example they say since semen consists of cerebral matter. a male who does masturbate a lot or..."distributes" his semen through sexual intercourse will indeed suffer from memory loss, mental confusion and paranoia.

therefore they suggest several techniques to retain sperm and absorb sexual fluids from ones partner. they believe that "not coming" during intercorse is much better and restores vitality.

is anyone of you familiar with theses things and if so whats your opinion on all that ?

thanks

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Uh...I've never heard that semen contains cerebral matter. It contains sperm cells and proteins and is produced in the testes, which are (the last time I checked) located no where the brain. If anything masturbating and having sex clears the head because we all know nothing's more distracting than being horny.

3. pirouette

Gold Member

As you have asked for opinions...
    I do not believe there is any type of cerebral matter in sperm. Nor can masturbation lead to memory loss. Or hairy palms. Or make you go blind. Most religions teach their followers to procreate and populate the planet as quickly as possible. If men spent all their time masturbating we might actually have a population problem.
    In my opinion, masturbation is healthy in moderation like most things. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something. ;)

4. Krof

Krof New Member

I don't see why there's a need to know what people believe when it comes to this subject. We already have definitive proof and evidence in this case. The facts are that it doesn't hurt the male body to masturbate, it actually helps it. It's good for your health because it gets your blood pumping and makes you happy which also is good for you (believe it or not :p ).

If you literally want to know what's in semen, here you go:
    "...high concentrations of potassium, zinc, citric acid, fructose, phosphorylcholine, spermine, free amino acids, prostaglandins and enzymes..."
    I don't see cerebral matter in that list...

Also, If you believe you lose part of your brain everytime you masturbate, your brain must be lacking greatly already and therefor risks disappearing soon ^^

5. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I've forgotten what I was going to post.

6. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

In the case of certain students at certain colleges, perhaps that might be true, ha, ha! The main thing I remember about Tao is a saying which a psychiatrict social worker with whom I used to sometimes work, on a hospital psychiatric unit while I was in college - and NO, I was NOT a patient there, used to say. She was into Tao and sometimes she said, "The way is sacred. You cannot own it. You will find, therefore, that sometimes things are ahead and sometimes they are behind. Thus the sage avoids extremes, indulgence and complacency!" I don't know if the "extremes" and "indulgence" would apply to masturbation or not, ha, ha!

7. Krof

Krof New Member

You placed so much emphasis on that you weren't a patient THERE, that you lead me to believe you've been a patient elsewhere or is in dire need of being a patient there or elsewhere :p

8. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

If that were the case I'd be a vegitable, hooked up to a respirator...

And with regard to what hubby said:

I accept extremes in some things, indulge in many things, and am never complacent in anything ... apparently I'm either unenlightened or a really bad Taoist.

9. HerHubby

Gold Member

Yeah, Krof, after participating in SF, I probably DO need to be a patient somewhere, ha, ha! :lol

10. HerHubby

Gold Member

Yep, me too! :lol

11. rene48

rene48 New Member

forgot what...

LOL....LOL...HAHAHAHA.
    I would write more but too much hair oh my hand...
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:bow

12. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Doesnt make any difference what you was gonna say
    as the question was a pile of horse shit anyway.
    he can try it but he will end up in a nut house.

13. Thrasher

Thrasher New Member

well i dont believe that stuff myself, i just found a lot of "facts" in this book questionable. as for example the thign wiht the cerebral matter. thats why i wanted to ask for other opinions. of course taoism is a religion like buddhism or chrisitianity, and a big part of that means beliving rather than knowing for sure :)

14. BabyReadThat

BabyReadThat New Member

Does it say anything about female masturbation? I guess we are ok to do it as much as we want. :cool

15. Motley Fan

Motley Fan New Member

ROFLMAO!!!! :lol

16. Thrasher

Thrasher New Member

yes it does say alot about female masturbation and in taoist religion the female is the far superior being, for females sex in general is more beneficial since they dont "loose" much of their body fluids during intercourse or masturbation....at least according to that book :)

17. igor

Gold Member

Is that where the term "f***ing your brains out" came from? :)

18. bunnycat

bunnycat New Member

:)That was funny.:D :D :D :D :p :)
    ;)

:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.