Taming the Bush?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by one20inafiftyfive, Apr 15, 2012.

1. one20inafiftyfive

My wife and I have decided to shave her pussy. We don't want all hair gone - we want to leave the out-of-hand red flame on her mons. God, I love redheads! I like the look of her unshaven pussy, but on a lark, we decided to use clippers to take down the bulk around her labia. The process of my doing the grooming was fun and sensual at the same time. The end result made oral sex even more fun than usual, and I didn't know that was possible. :D

So, now we've decided to do it a little more completely and try actual shaving in that same area as opposed to just clippers. I'll be the one doing it, so I need some recommendations.

I'm not new to shaving, as I shave my own head and face, the scalp being a delicate area particularly if there's not baldness (I'm bald by choice), but I've never shaved genitalia.

I'm aware of the following rules for shaving which I apply every time I shave my head and face:

• Rinse/soak skin in warm water: opens pores, softens hair shaft.
    • Exfoliate with a mild product about twice per week: easier shave, less blade clogging.
    • Apply shaving oil: reduces surface friction
    • Use very sharp blade(s) and minimize passes: reduces irritation and ingrown hairs
    • If new area is to be shaved, shave with grain. If skin tolerates it, go against grain for closer shave.
    • Rinse with cold water: closes pores and reduces ingrown hairs
    • Apply gentle astringent, e.g. witch hazel
    • Apply antiseptic, e.g. tea tree oil
    • Apply protective barrier, e.g. aloe vera gel
    The last 3 items are often found in a typical after shave balm.

So here are my questions:

What's the best razor? (I've used on my head HeadBlade, Gillette Fusion Pro Glide, Schick Hydro 5, and double-edge) Not counting the HeadBlade, should I just use one of these, or are there better products for the groin/pubic region?

What pre-care products should I use? I see no reason I can't use my shaving oil (King of Shaves) as it is gentle, safe, and doesn't particularly smell masculine. But what shaving lotion/cream should I use? My products (HeadBlade HeadSlick or King of Shaves Shaving Gel) both contain menthol and I'm not sure that's right for the pubic region, but I may be wrong.

What after-care products should I use? I don't think any astringent I would use on my scalp/face would be appropriate for genitalia as all of them are formulated with alcohol. Even the witch hazel I use is formulated with a botanical alcohol which I'm sure might sting.

Any other tips not mentioned here?

2. Berend

Berend New Member

If you haven't already noticed, one20 is rather ... verbose. :eyes

He is also almost giddy about doing this, so help a gal out and give him some responses. :D

3. one20inafiftyfive

Verbose, huh? I'm only stipulating the basics so I don't get a bunch of replies about basic shaving. For the skimmers, the questions are in bold. :)

4. Clintriprock

Gold Member

Just soap it up and shave it no need to overthink it. Leave a hot little red strip. God I remember an old girlfriend with a red bush. She'd shave it into a heart on Valentines day

5. 12barblues

Gold Member

sluttyfairy is down with a migraine again so i'll respond for her ( i seem to be doing that more often than not lately..) but she uses one of those three bladed razors that has the little soap ring around the blades, so ya dont need any shaving cream.....she says theyre really pricey but they work great and she just does it everynight in the shower...

6. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I agree. I just use soap in the shower and a Venus razor for women seems to be the best for me. It leaves mah balls silky smooth with no after shave irritation.

7. China

China New Member

to much for me... the pimples and itching......

but I'll wax your balls if you want

8. 12barblues

Gold Member

why am i picturing that scene from "40 yr old virgin"?:lol