Talk topic for emotional intimacy?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by BassDude, Sep 27, 2007.

1. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hi Folks:

I'm trying to come up with some talk topics to help my wife and I become more emotionally intimate. I don't feel like we're as far down that path as we probably should be after being married 11 years, and it sure seems like just talking (without arguing or fighting) is a good way to get there. So, I'm trying to put together a list of very intimate talk topics that might be good for us....this seems like an awefully good place to get some suggestions! Please post your thoughts on topics...

Here's a few on my list so far:
    - Sexual fantasies...I'll tell you one of mine and you tell me one of yours!
    - How we use our "love languages" in interacting with our friends.
    - Where our "ledges" are (ie. point of no return in a tempting situation).

BassDude

2. deckard_cain

deckard_cain New Member

How about,

If you could have sex with any celebrity, who would it be, AND why.

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

I think discussing sexual fantasies is a great idea, though I don't think it will contribute to greater emotional intimacy. I don't know what you mean by "love languages", and I'm not sure that a "ledges" discussion is a healthy topic for conversation...there shouldn't be any, and it's really that simple. Everyone is tempted to cheat at some point or another; you've either made the decision that you're going to remain faithful to your spouse before you even encounter such a situation, or you're leaving yourself open to the possiblity of having an affair...and why would you do that? If you opt to remain faithful, you won't allow yourself to get into a situation where temptation might occur.

There's actually a question book designed for increasing emotional intimacy: 1000 Questions for Couples. Best wishes to you :)

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Maybe another thing you could try , is sit down and work out what the both of you really enjoy doing...a list for each of you...( that does not involve sex at all..)

And then the two of you could work through your lists together seeing which ones you could both do together , perhaps you may both find after a while that there are things you can both enjoy a lot, and then you have new topics for conversation...whilst getting closer to each other as well.

5. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Instead of talk topics, Try do topics it's a lot
    more fun.
    Wife and I once had a jar beside the bed and wrote down all kinds of fantasies
    and dropped them in.
    Once a week or more we would pull one out and act on it.

Hiker