Take Charge in Relationship

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by OFWGKTA, Jul 3, 2011.

1. OFWGKTA

OFWGKTA New Member

Okay so last night my girlfriend mentioned to me that I should "Take Charge" more. I flat out have no idea what she means by this. She didn't mean it by saying take charge sexually, but just in general take charge.
    Can any women help me out here.
    Some examples of situations would be great. I really appreciate it.

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Ask her what she meant. Everyone can tell you a bunch of different things that it could mean but it's a lot easier if you just ask her.

3. clooney

clooney New Member

Maybe she wants you so start making important decisions on your own?

4. Meee

Gold Member

Well you can start by taking charge in conversation. Asking her to tell you more about it is actually a way of taking charge.

It could mean take charge sexually. You're more experienced. Introduce her to new things. She might be giving you permission to do things in bed without making a ritual out of checking with her first and so on. Give her pleasant surprises. Be the leader in making your sexual relationship grow.

It could mean take charge in dating. Make decisions about what you and she are going to do together, and where, and when. "Ya wanna hang out?" and "So whaddya wanna do?" can get tiring for a girl.

It could mean take charge in making it clear where the relationship is at this point. What's your level of commitment and so on? Don't make her wait and wonder when you're going to bring up that kind of conversation. Some girls don't like to be the one who has to raise it.

It could mean something that I can't think of right now.

It could mean nothing. Go back to the first thing I said and find out.

5. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Decide about going for a night out, a date, something.
    Make the plans.
    Make her feel wanted with little compliments.
    Sex is great but a relationship is not entirely based on sex to be meaningful in the long run, so the litle things you do for her, with her, are not necessarily about sex, but at times will lead to sex. Just my take.

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

Are you one of those that says "whatever you want to do" and "I don't care, what do you want to do". Tell her where you're going, what you're doing, then when you get home, toss her on the bed and go to town.