Swollen outer labia after sex??

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by smallpackage, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

So, I just experienced something new and wanted to see if you guys could give me some insight here. I was at my girlfriends house tonight and one thing led to another (like normal), and before we knew it, we were having sex on her couch.

This is the first time we have had sex on her couch (which is leather). We did the usual variety of positions, ending with doggy style bent over the arm of the couch. I lasted a little longer than normal tonight (maybe due to the bottle of wine). When we were done, we went and took a short shower together. When she got out, she noticed that her outer labia was very "swollen". It hurt to walk and she said it felt like it was going to burst from too much pressure. She had never experienced this before, and I have never been with someone that experienced this.

What do you think could have caused this? Irritation? Wrong angle? Leather couch? She said she is about to start her period in the next day or two...could that have something to do with it? She felt nothing abnormal during sex.

Thanks in advance.

2. pirouette

Gold Member

Is it possible that (at this point in her cycle) she experienced a lack of moisture/lubrication? Perhaps leather isn't the best fabric to be bent over and repetitively ground into? :shrug

3. Emt

Emt New Member

I'm thinking that one of three reasons could have caused the outer labia to become swollen...

1) Arousal...perhaps she was so aroused that the lips were engorged with more blood than usual. Not unheard of.

2) Allergic reaction...maybe there was something on your dick (lube, condom, etc.), the couch, your fingers, etc that made her lips react this way. If something got into her pores and was then rubbed and forced into the surface by the thrusting, it could have pissed off the skin cells.

3) Friction...if you were slamming hard enough and were rough enough on the labia, they could have become swollen due to the commotion.

Just my .02. If the pain persists, I'd contact her gyno asap.

-Emt

4. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

It is difficult to say without more information. It could be that time of the month along with the fact she was not as lubricated as she usually is. Also could be that she had an allergic reaction to the soap in the show or possibly if you use a latex condom it could be a localized reaction to latex.

5. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

Thanks for your thoughts so far. We are in a monogamous relationship, and I have had a vasectomy performed a long time ago, so we don't use condoms....so it can't be that. We were at her place, so I don't think the soap would be the issue, since it was the soap she always uses.

I am thinking friction (lack of lubrication) could have a part in it, although I don't remember her being dry. I will check with her this morning to see how she is doing, hopefully she is ok now. Either way, I will be worried about this happening again, so I still would like to know how it happened.

Thanks for the responses!

6. pussycat69

Gold Member

I agree with EMT,probably friction.It does happen sometimes.

7. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I agree with you both, It might be a good idea to get some lube.

8. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

We have never needed lube before, and she is usually very wet. I spoke with her this morning and she had started her period and was feeling much better. I guess it was probably a combination of several things onset with her period.

I just hope it doesn't happen again...for her sake mostly ;)

9. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

If the problem still continues and you have ruled out lubrication, take a look at the soap. Allergies are likely to come from an item you use on a regualr basis, in this case soap, versus something that you only use on an occassional basis.

10. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Dove Soap = Awsome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.