switching it up

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by iacuras, Aug 27, 2008.

1. iacuras

iacuras New Member

If you were given a choice today to go back and start your life over, but as the opposite gender, would you? What if it was just to instantly be the other gender, and everyone would remember you as always being that way, and everything would work (you would have a working uterus and ovaries, or working testes) would you? Why or why not?

2. cook74

Gold Member

I'd do it, but then my wife would be thinking "Why the Fuck did I marry another girl?" :eek

And when my baby is born it would think "Why the hell do I have two mummies, and why is one of them really hairy and ugly?" :p

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Nah. I don't think I'd like waking up every morning with a hard-on.

4. Dreama

Gold Member

Nope. I love being a chick. I mean, I'd try out being the opposite sex for a little while, but I really like being a girl.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Also, people often misuse the word "gender" or use it interchangeably with the word "sex." They are not the same thing. So just to clarify:

Sex is biological. The set of reproductive organs you are born with determines your sex.

Gender is a social construct. We are socially conditioned from the time we're born to behave like what is considered appropriate for our sex.

Someone who undergoes sex-reassignment surgery is in fact changing his/her gender, not his/her sex.

6. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

I think If I could be a man I would! I don't think permanently though, I would so want to do every hott chick out there lmfao :) I'd become a hoe real fast ;)

7. bucky

bucky New Member

No way would I want to change. I think I've said it before if men had to have babies the human race would become extinct.:lol

8. sexyJ

sexyJ New Member

I agree with ya there..thats why we were chosen to have them ;)

9. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Periods ... ew.

No thanks, I'll keep the package. Though if I was a girl for a while I'd try and eat a lot of pussy.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

I always assumed the operative root of the word "gender" was "gene," thereby meaning biological. Maybe I was mistaken. I frequently try to dissect words just for fun, but I'm sure I make faulty assumptions, since I never studied much Latin.

But, no. I've had a great time as a dude. I would try being fem for a day or two though.

11. heelfetish

Gold Member

I just found this on the origin of the word:

12. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Nope I wouldn't since there is nothing I regret that I have done in my life, and well do you think I would want to put up with some women during PMS? Hell no. I remember what I was like when I had PMS before I had all those parts removed hell I could hardly put up with myself. LMAO

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

So what do you think, Heely, could it go either way? We'll see what Puss says.

14. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I did some further research:

Source

15. heelfetish

Gold Member

As for the original word, I agree, it could go either way. But the modern world has made a distinction between the words gender and sex, as the 2 are not the same. "Encyclopædia Britannica notes that gender identity is "an individual's self-conception as being male or female, as distinguished from actual biological sex."

16. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Fuckit, let's just call it a grammatical construct and leave it at that...

Geez and people think I argue over stuff!

17. heelfetish

Gold Member

Who's arguing? *shrug*

Anywho, back to the original topic, I've thought about this a lot over the past 25+ years. I'd always wished I was born a woman. As I age, I'm becoming more fond of my many male attributes, and have embraced my sex. I identify with both genders. For that reason I won't undergo any sort of permanent transformation, but I do enjoy playing the role of both genders.

That said, I would love to experience life on the other side of the fence. Ideally, I'd love to be able to switch back and forth at my discretion. And not just in appearance, but fully and completely change sexes. Ahhh, we can dream, can't we? :lol

I don't know if I'd change if I had the chance to do it all over. Not because I'd rather be a man (I'd much rather be a woman!!!), but because if I were a woman, I'd not have married the love of my life, and our son would not exist. And I can't imagine a world, or my life, without him.

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

That's always the catch with me too, whenever I think I wish I could go back and do it better.

19. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Voltaire is rolling over in his grave. :D

20. heelfetish

Gold Member

Please forgive my ignorance. I've heard of Voltaire, but what's the connection to him and my response above?