Swinging signs

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by whatarewethinki, Mar 28, 2007.

1. whatarewethinki

whatarewethinki New Member

Hi people. How do you let other people (men, women, couples) know that you are open to the idea of swinging?

Is there any codes? Redhead came up with the idea of a pendulum bumper sticker or maybe a pendulum t-shirt with a picture of a pendulum and perhaps a couple covert words. You know "watch it swing", "feel the breeze", "what a ride", etc.

15 years ago a rainbow was just a rainbow. Now a rainbow sticker on a car means something else entirely.

What's you ideas on this subject? Besides just the obvious thing like being overtly flirtatious, dressing and acting sexy, saying just the right thing, etc. Is there some kind of code?

If it is an unspoken code, we definitely want to know. We want to participate. Still looking for the right person for MFM.

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I know the swinging "group" (website) that we were members of has a "symbol" so that when we were at a party together, but outsiders were there, we knew who was part of the group.

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I am an ex-swinger, And really you have me wondering just what you are talking about
    Are you saying that if you go to the mall shopping you want everyone to know that
    you are open to swinging, Don't, Join a club, Just Google "Swinging" and you will
    find hundreds of clubs that you don't have to hint about, Just join and swing.
    Any way a pendulum would probably mean you swing either way.

Hiker:sf

4. Elvis

Elvis Member

If you go around trying to let other people know you're into swinging, most would probably think you're weird, LOL!!!

As Hiker says, a club or party for swingers is best, everyone knows why you're there and you know why they're there, problem solved.

There is a swinger 'badge' around, but not many swingers wear it and many of them wouldn't recognise it if they saw it.

5. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I always think of the 70s when I hear the word "swinger"

it seems outdated somehow...

maybe time for a new name...

any suggestions?

6. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Most of us who do swing say we are "In the lifestyle" or we're "Lifestylers".

7. Elvis

Elvis Member

Wiki confirms that Mel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifestyle

But it also mentions BDSM in the same sentence, so I'll pass on adopting the word!

The Spanish call swingers 'gente liberal,' which basically means sexually liberated people.

8. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Sigh. The only label that totally encapsulates YOU and describes who you ARE and who you are NOT is your freakin' name. One who is in the lifestyle does not have to be into BDSM or have even tried it. It simply represents people who are members of an alternative thought mode.

9. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

The only symbol I can think of is the the NASCA (National Association of Swingers Clubs in America - I believe that is what the acronym stands for) apple that some wear to let others know that they are into the lifestyle but that symbol is not widely known. We have not participated for a while but the way we have let others know is just being up front with them about the idea. Not everybody is receptive to the idea so you need to be selective about who you tell.

10. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

This is what Wikopedia says when searching for swingers,
    Lifestyle is not used singular but in conjunction with Swinging.
    Life style can be used to describe anything thing a person
    enjoys doing in life. Whereas swinging means having sex with others other than your
    S/O.