Swingers....

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Doitagain, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

I am looking for input on swinger couples.
    Do you know any?
    Have you been in a swinging relationship?
    If you haven't is it something you would want to do?
    Does or has your significant other been involved before you or is interested and you are not?
    If you know any swinger couples what is your experience with them outside of the bedroom and does their lifestyle " inpact" yours?

I have dabbled and for me it was great and I have known a few friends that are in the lifestyle and they have a great relationship in and out of the bedroom. However because of people knowing their lifestyle it has caused some issues outside of the bedroom for them and others. A trip to a swingers club made me see all sorta of people and I saw some that things didn't seem to go the way they expected.
    Just looking for all sorts of opinions and experiences throughout the spectrum.

2. AtkCCC

Gold Member

We spent several years in the Swinging life. Outside of our swinging friends, I don’t think anyone knew. I can’t say that it caused any issues between us or friends and actually have some really fond memories. We haven’t been with any couples or singles in about 10 years or so, drifted away from swinging. We do talk about it every so often but due to life and issues I don’t see us perusing anyone, not saying if the opportunity presented its self it wouldn’t happen.

Doitagain likes this.
  3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

No, I do not know any (offline).
    Not unless you count the craziness known as high school Drama Class/Club as "swinging relationship(s)."
    Not entirely sure. I'm still working to overcome my sexual views that are grounded in Orthodoxy and Conservativism. Making progress, but not quite that open & accepting (for myself/my own relationship) yet.
    Involved before me? Yes. In a swinging relationship? No.
    And since we have yet to discuss this one I couldn't tell you either way. When/if I ever bring up the subject with her I'll let you know first. :p
    Again, I only know swingers/people in "open" relationships online. My experience is that generally they tend to have relationships that are just as strong and healthy as monogamous people's. It has impacted me in that I have had to do a lot of reconsidering and foot-in-mouthing regarding the subject. As I said above, I'm still not sure if it's for me, but if it turns out that it is then I won't be devastated or anything.

So there is my entirely inexperienced input. (You said you wanted "all sorts of opinions and experiences throughout the spectrum.")

4. Doitagain

Verified Gold Member

You did perfect man.

10_3XL likes this.