Surely I can't look that old...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heelfetish, Dec 14, 2007.

1. heelfetish

Gold Member

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, “surely I can't look that old.” Well.....

My name is Alice Smith and i was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS Diploma, which bore his full name.

Suddenly, i remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class almost 40 years ago. Could he be the same guy that i had a secret crush on, way back then? Upon seeing him, however, i quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

“Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a mustang”, he gleamed with pride.

“When did you graduate?” I asked.

He answered, 'in 1969. Why do you ask?'

“You were in my class!” I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely then, that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled, fat ass, gray-haired, decrepit son-of-a-bitch asked, “What did you teach?”

2. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Thanks for my Friday night chuckle Heely....:lol

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

You're welcome HW!

And that just brings the distance into perspective. It's only Friday morning here. :)

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

That was GREAT! :lol
    And I DO know the feeling. I could be "that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled, fat ass, gray-haired, decrepit son-of-a-bitch," but I still think of myself as about 35 (instead of 62), and anyone who looks older than 35 must surely be older than me! It probably doesn't help that my wife, who's 52, looks younger than her age. And of course, she probably looks younger to me than she does to others. But she'll introduce me to her friends/co-workers who are her age, and I'll think, Wow, that person looks OLD! Of course she always agrees.

5. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

that was priceless!!! lol