Stop and Go technique - useful or crap?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by RockyRaccoon, Aug 17, 2007.

1. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

I've heard of this technique where men can practice to last longer. Basically as you masturbate, you slow down as you approach orgasm, or stop completely, then let the feeling pass and go again. I'm sure everyone's heard of this or some variation.

But honestly, do you women actually support this? I'd imagine that if I'm in the middle of passionate thrusting and a woman is ramping up, and suddenly I have to slow down or stop, she'd get pretty upset... ? Especially if this were to occur over and over.

How does this actually help? Thanks.

2. Mrs.SirKillJerk

Mrs.SirKillJerk New Member

I enjoy it when my husband slows down to keep himself from cumming. This makes our sex last longer, and I am able to have many orgasms. Sometimes he'll finish quickly, but keep going to orgasm again.

3. SDAVIS

SDAVIS New Member

My wife will have no part of the stop/start; says it disrupts her orgasm. I got on a prescr. that has helped me tremendously.

4. igor

Gold Member

Your concern is valid in some cases. If the woman can get off from PIV sex she usually won't want an interruption in the action since a pause will probably cool her down too. However if your mate is like mine and can only cum from clit stimulation, I make sure she cums first, then we have intercourse and I can vary the pace as much as I want to prolong the action. Yes, the start/stop method does work for guys but it is not always desired by her.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

I do the same as Igor, I bring my wife to orgasm using oral sex, and I use the slow-down method to prolong the act of intercourse itself. After her orgasm, she enjoys intercourse which lasts longer as a result of what I do. She doesn't, however, enjoy intercourse that lasts too long, so trying to go beyond ten minutes or so annoys her.

Keep this in mind, every woman has different sexual preferences. Your partner probably won't tell you, so it is up to you as a man to read her body language: her facial expressions, her peaking arousal if it is good for her and her waning arousal if it isn't turning her on.

6. AndrewD

AndrewD New Member

I find many women like some variation in thrusting. Changing the speed, depth and angle is fine. Just don't pull out.

It is possible to learn to control your orgasm without spoiling things for your partner.

7. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

Sigh this is too complicated.

I will try to bring her to orgasm through oral and fingers first. And then hopefully she'll be fine with whatever happens in intercourse.

I hear that a woman needs a man to speed up when she's starting to approach climax, but when I speed up, it just speeds up my urge to ejaculate.

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

Or you could bring her close, and let her finish via intercourse. (I'm a huge fan of doing it that way :tup) I don't think you're supposed to practice stopping and starting during sex...just masturbation. I suppose you'd only reap benefits if you masturbate regularly.

Good luck!

9. cbrmale

Gold Member

As Bluesy pointed out, stopping and starting is training during masturbation. The technique I use during sex when I feel TOO CLOSE, is to slow down until things come together. Sometimes, I am too close and I'll almost but not quite stop for several moments before going again. Better that than come too soon. It is funny sometimes, you can find yourself on the brink after just a couple of minutes, slow right down to get yourself in tune, and then last several more minutes.

I think most men get in tune with their building arousal, and when they do they can use variations of this technique to control it. In decades past, men were less informed and less likely to experiment (sex being a sin and all), which is why they lasted only two or three minutes.

10. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

That's an interesting tip. What's the best way to bring her close before finishing with intercourse? If I used my fingers and tongue on her for a while, wouldn't I lose my erection due to lack of contact, and then by the time I pull my fingers out and get my penis hard and ready to enter, she'd have lost her momentum?

Also, are you and CBRMale saying that it's ok to slow down, just as long as I don't stop completely?

11. igor

Gold Member

I have never lost an erection due to "no contact." "Doing her" is such a turn-on it would be darned near impossible to not stay aroused. Quite often when I "diddle" her, she will lightly stroke me just to keep things hot anyway.

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

The best way I've found to orgasm during intercourse is an oral "warm up", followed by missionary sex (I keep my feet on the bed, position my pelvis just so--it's really hard to explain :(--and do a sort of grinding thrust to match his thrusting). Never had a partner lose his erection during cunnilingus...It doesn't turn you on at all? Is there anything that would make it sexier/more appealing to you? Otherwise, I can only think that using one hand to stroke yourself while you're performing oral would probably keep you erect. Let her tell you when she's ready to continue via intercourse (if you're just getting her warmed up, it shouldn't take too long!).

As far as slowing down goes, that wouldn't work for me. When I'm close to coming, I want it hard and fast. (I've been known to, uh, cheer my partner on a bit: "Harder, HARDER! OH YES!" :D)

13. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon New Member

I've never gone down on a girl, so even though the thought is very arousing and gives me an erection, I donno what would happen to it if it wasn't physically stimulated after a while. Would boredom set in?

Anyway I'll try your suggestion - it sounds like a good one :)

14. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Well one way t ofind out , is when your next on your own for a while, get yourself erect...and then dont touch it ...see how long you maintain your hardon with no contact.

That should be enough to determin how long you can give your partner oral stimulation and clit massaging with your tongue...

use that between penitration....

The thing is from my own expereinces i used to do the stop start when i was just starting out in my sexual endevours.but it was done on my own till i could masturbate to a degree where i could wank myself off so my hand was a blurr for a good while before comming...

It does help with penitration from my very own expereince

15. bob183

bob183 New Member

The method works... but whether or not you want to do it is up to you and your partner. I have used it both during sex and maasturbation... and we've had some very good long sex sessions with her coming anywhere from 4 times in ten minutes to 20 times over about 40 minutes. I'm able to control myself and come whenever she tires

16. Tropical281

Tropical281 New Member

my girl does it to me when rubbing or giving oral.... even tho it drives me crazy (which she loves) I do like it alot..... I've tried it with her, but it dosn't work, when she is close if I stop or slow down, the orgasm is almost lost and it takes (alot) of time to get it back.... I do tease tho by rubbing the clit really lightly, makes her want it really bad, but I don't stop entirely.

17. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I'm not a big fan of stop and go, interrupts the natural flow of sex. My 2 cents.

18. metwo

metwo New Member

I think it helps, but ive decided it depends alot on the woman wants more.

19. Silent22

Silent22 New Member

I used to stop and go during sex, when I brought it up to my girlfriend after she told me it would make her much happier if I just came when it felt like I was gonna cum.

It disrupts the flow of passionate sex sometimes. Id say practice more on not cumming as quick, its easier for both.

20. Bluesy

Gold Member

There's an idea! Stop/go can be done during a BJ/HJ :) (As long as it's not too torturous!)