stir the pot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ejmcelfresh, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ejmcelfresh

Verified Gold Member

I'm feeling mischevious. Also, I'd like to make it clear that I have no issues with sexual orientations before I finish this post. As far as sexuality goes, do what makes you happy.

anyway, what's with the lgbt group, every time I turn around they seem to be adding letters. From what I've seen around the nets lately they're now lgbtqaki, can we just save some time and just call them the "alphabet" ? lol

2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I'm a member of a local LGBT support/rights group. Our unofficial name for ourselves is "The Rainbow Diversity Super Squad."

It's not really the community as a whole that's doing all the letter/number/color adding - it's select groups that feel the need to make an even clearer distinction. Honestly the LGBT rights movement is less about sexual preference and more about basic human equality across the board.

3. ejmcelfresh

Verified Gold Member

I'm well aware of the core cause, my best friends mom is now in a homosexual relationship, and from what I can tell she is happy and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I was just making stupid comments out of boredom, I find it kind of lame that labels even exist anymore. I would think, if anything, people would want to not be labeled anything other than humans. That's the way I view it, humans are humans, if you like a certain thing sexually, that's your business and no one else's.

by no means am I saying hide it either, you definitely shouldn't be ashamed of your sexuality, its part of who you are, and I hate that we live in a society that thinks you should be ashamed of who you truly are and that if you don't fit some religious/political mold, that you are an outcast of some kind.

10_3XL likes this.