Sti?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by PinkPanther, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkPanther

PinkPanther New Member

Hi,

I am a girl and have been experiencing stinging sensations when I go to the toilet. It has been coming and going but usually occurs after sex. But not always. The sensation remains afterwards as well and is very painful, so I was wondering if anyone knew what it was.

Thanks.

2. privatedancer

privatedancer New Member

Honey it sounds like you have cystitis. Go to your doctor and he will give you some medication to clear this. He will also probably ask you for a urine sample to rule out any other problems.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Regards
    PrivateDancer xxx

3. PinkPanther

PinkPanther New Member

I am also pregnant, would this in anyway affect the baby? Also, how would I have got this?

Thanks

4. tina

tina New Member

some women experience uti's and yeast infections while pregnant - something about elevated or changing hormone levels and such... it won't harm the baby and your gyno will know what medication to give you to clear it all up... it sounds like cystitis or a uti... i got uti's during my 3rd pregnancy because I was having major kidney problems.... good luck

5. Logger

Gold Member

Stinging urinating

If it is a urinary tract infection, the culture from the urine should show that. Check the PDR, Phsician's Desk Reference, if your doctor gives you a perscription. Check for indications of any tendency for birth defects from the perscription. More information may have come out since your doctor last red the PDR.

Urinary Tract infections are not usually cased by sexual practices. They just happen. Could be a yeast infection, which can cause burning. A yeast infection can be received from a sex partner. If it is a yeast infection, you should probably treat both of you simultaneously.

The blood of the mother is mixed with the blood of the infant, which is how the infant is nourished. Anything you put in your mouth, goes into your blood, and then into your embryo's blood. Your doctor should be able to perform tests to confirm the problem.

Search under Urinary Tract Infections and Yeast Infections. It has been discussed in more detail in this Forum.

Logger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.