Staying informed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sensless, Sep 9, 2017.

1. HazHardHat

Gold Member

Ouija!!!!!

Tiger22 and xtacy4 like this.
  2. cook74

Gold Member

The more commercial TV and radio station in Australia have often aired content that I don't really feel is news worthy, more for entertainment, so I watch either the ABC News or the SBS News. All news can have bias but at least these two news shows try to focus on more important issues.

CLE32793 likes this.
  3. Mr_E

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    If reporters return to reporting facts and stop trying to spoon feed me my opinion, I might go back to following the news. Until then, you can stay just as informed by watching "South park".:mad::D

4. Tiger22

Gold Member

I am typically up and out the door before tv news starts so I get most of my info online at work. I like to check CNN, Drudge Report, and often look to different sites for alternate opinions such as Al Jazeera and Alternative News.

5. Mikey22

Gold Member

Couldn't help myself. I went back to INFO Wars today:eek:

6. EssentiallyEight

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    NPR on the car radio. BBC, NPR, and Reuters news apps on my smartphone. I also have a number of "news" pages I follow on Facebook, but I double-check what they report, as most are left-leaning, like me, and I don't believe everything I read.

sensless likes this.
  7. MissScarlett

Gold Member

I check the BBC news app every morning & I have it set for news alerts during the day - I like to have an idea what’s going in the world, but then I will choose whether to & where to find out more, be it from an online newspaper or a news programme or other website. I am fairly sceptical though & find the news is becoming increasingly biased. News articles on social media can be good but I am finding an increasing trend of people I know (often intelligent & astute people) blindly reposting or commenting on stories which are obviously untrue or hugely exaggerated.

I try to avoid news programmes before bedtime

sensless likes this.