Spermicidal Inserts

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by imisscali, Jul 17, 2012.

1. imisscali

imisscali New Member

Ok, so I'm just curious about something. My husband and I don't really use the spermicidal inserts, but he didn't want to use a condom. I completely blanked on my ovulation window, which I happen to track online. According to the tracker, I'm in my fertile week from the 15th to the 19th. We used a spermicidal insert tonight and we waited about 15 minutes before starting to have sex (the package says wait 10 minutes) and it's good for up to an hour. Well we went at it for about 20-30 minutes and I just happened to check my period/ovulation tracker and noticed that today is my most fertile day and tomorrow is my ovulation day.

Since we used the insert according to the package and he pushed it as far as he could (he has way longer fingers than I do) would it be assumed that I'm in the clear of a pregnancy? Has anyone else used these inserts during their ovulation week and have been in the clear or end up pregnant?

2. OverSinged

Gold Member

Assuming usually leads to disaster.

That's all the useful information I can give ya on this particular subject

3. Super

Super New Member

Wait a month then you will have your answer.

4. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Spermicide really isn't the best birth control. For every 100 women, about 25 of them will get pregnant while using spermicide alone during a one year period. Also an online tracker is one of the worst ways to try to prevent pregnancy. If you really want to do the whole sex around ovulation days you should be using ovulation tests.

Also sperm can live for up to 72 hours so if you're not using a birth control method every time you have sex you can still get pregnant. An egg lives for up to 48 hours.