Sorting through old stuff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Everett_Spair, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

This weekend I was getting the last of my stuff from my parents and moving it to my own home and of course I had to look through all of it to see what I should save and what I should throw out.
    It was mostly old clothes I had completely forgotten about so most of that I gave away so others might use them.
    Then I had all my old Lego stuff which I knew I had but I had to move it all and it's quite a lot. I'm gonna put all of those awesome old lego models up for display in a glass case in my apartment. :)
    Next was my old slot car circuit which I just have to save. so much memory in that one. It still works too.

Then I found a box of things I had never seen before. Turned out it was a box of old presents from when I was born. There was cufflinks from my granddad. He is dead now but he was amazing and he still lives inside me in a way.
    There was baby cutlery, a silver spoon, some metal ornaments and a bunch of other kitchen things.
    Last of all was the most surprising of all. There was this case which looked a bit odd. Inside of it was some US dollar coins and not any coins but commemorative coins featuring the statue of liberty. Turns out that 1986 was 100 year jubilee of the statue. 1986 is also the year I was born.
    The dollar coins is even a silver dollar.

In short I had a good weekend. :)

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Awesome to have found such treasures Everett. The things that you found in the box are priceless :)

If you have the room, keep everything that gives you wonderful memories and make new ones with them :)

3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Keep the Lego stuff and slot cars for your future kids, they will love you all the more for it.
    Displayed in your new home won't do a lot to impress a potential lover tho'.
    Just thought to mention that women tend to dismiss guys into such toys :eyes

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

Mine never did....it's all electronic now.

5. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

It's my home and I display the things I like and want, if someone doesnt approve, too bad for them. If they wont like me because of things I have on display I really couldn't care less for such persons.

6. igor

Gold Member

Good attitude.

7. Meee

Gold Member

Some girls (like me!) would want to play with the Legos and take them apart and build new things with them. So lock those glass cases!

8. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I was going through my storage place this weekend actually. Found a whole bunch of stuff I havent seen in yeeeaaars. I love rediscovering old treasures.

9. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I agree that if they have an issue with your stuff, they're not the right person for you.

I collect Barbies and all my long term partners have contributed to my collection during our relationships. :p

I used to worry about what people would think of my collection, especially in my 20's but over the years, visitors of all ages and walks of life have admired my dolls.