Sorry I've been gone, this is why...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by surreal_thoughts, Jun 23, 2014.

1. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Yea...my new weekend toy. It's been taking up all of my attention and free time. My camaro z/28 is getting it's motor rebuilt after a few things blew on it after a few weekends ago at a weekend long drag racing event. So this is what I'm tinkering with as my street car/show car. Still in early stages of TLC and work. It makes almost 380 hp so its a fun ride...not like the camaro, but still fun to rip on the streets.

Attached Files:

10_3XL and boobjob like this.
  2. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Glad to see you've been doing something AWESOME with your time away from here, though!
    And you have great timing - I saw this image just this morning and thought - I should share that with surreal_thoughts!
    3panel.jpg

surreal_thoughts likes this.
  3. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Yea that kinda looks like me when I'm doing my art designs and commissions lol.

10_3XL likes this.
  4. Gearhead

Gold Member

I'm saying...come get some Ford boy lmao howd you blow up the camaro??

Attached Files:

5. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Not mine. But one like it would be a fucking dream come true
    image.jpg

CaramelLady likes this.
  6. CaramelLady

Beautiful vehicles.

7. CaramelLady

Wow!!

8. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Camaro makes 686 to the rear wheels (see dyno video from earlier this season). My mechanics and I added a 400hp NX nitrous kit, the full works. Spent a day at Lebanon Valley Dragway doing a bunch of test hits, then running brackets. Launched the camaro at 4k rpm with 300hp worth of nitrous and cylinder 3 blew right out the top of the block and got stuck in the hood. So the motor is being rebuilt from the top half up...and we are getting rid of the nitrous.

I always wanted a foxbody as a cruiser/sleeper car. This stang was a rare find, especially if your from New England and you hear all the "rustang" horror storries...this car has NO rust and is mint minus some exterior TLC. Had it dyno'd and it makes 342 hp to the rear wheels. I'm already making a list of parts to buy and install sometime soon. So now I have a ford and a chevy muscle cars in my two car garage and the wife has to park outside LOL.

Attached Files:

9. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Some more pics of the stang I got to take the other day if you wanna check em out gear. It has a whole bunch of exterior mods like a lot of fiber glass body parts, 93 cobra head and tail lights, ROH rims, fun stuff.

photo 2.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 7.JPG

CaramelLady likes this.
  10. backcheck64

Gold Member

r8-ppi-razor-gtr-carbon.jpg RoninCard.jpg My dream car.... after the kids are out. Probably won't be a Ronin, just a regular GTR. And it's a street legal daily driver.

11. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

My camaro has killed plenty of heavily modified GTR's...their AWD always takes me off the line, but the high end gearing ratio in my rear end allows me to quickly catch up when I gain traction and pass them across the line.

I drove a bunch of them, stock and modified, very nice cars inside and out and the technology in the car is amazing and light years ahead of the time. Surprised the Italian exotics don't give you options to manage your engine, suspension, etc from a touch scree i the center consul.

12. Gearhead

Gold Member

Give me a ratted out twin turbo nova any day of the week and I'd be more than happy lol after I nuke the big block I'll be going lsx turbo

13. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I was lookin for a classic car, but the asking price on ones that I like are a bit high. Lucky this stang just turned 25 making is a classic and I got it for a steal. Guy had to sell it asap because hes about to go through with a shotgun wedding.

I was looking at a 1970 camaro, but it needed to be completely restored...bad condition and the guy wanted 9k for it, rusted frame rails and all. I did ironically look at a 1972 nova SS, but the guy wanted 23k for it...tasteful and proper redone/rebuilt car...out of my budget and something I'd be a bit nervous driving a few times a week on the streets...people in the south western corner here drive like douche bags. Foxbody mustangs are hard to find that arnt rusted out, but parts are a dime a dozen and cheap new or used. So this will be my weekend cruiser that will be taign 97 octane not 100+ that costs me about $10 minimum a gallon depending where I'm getting it from on the camaro.

14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

One I've found and am in negotiation for:
    22690890001_large.png
    1974 Volkswagen "Super Beetle."
    Wanted not because "my car could beat up your car" - but because it is Classy, Classic, and full of Character. :p

AtkCCC likes this.
  15. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

Not a beetle fan, but this is a tasteful, clean, and I really like the color scheme. it sure beats them hippy colors. Good luck, I hope you settle on a number and it's yours.

16. Gearhead

Gold Member

You should see my uncles with a hemi in it! Hopefully my driveshaft will show up and I can drive the bu for the first time in 4 years

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

Alpha has a 1600hp GTR that is supposed to wipe all but the top fuel dragsters. I want a car I can drive anywhere and all year long. Top Gear just raced a GTR Track Edition against the highest powered snow mobile in MT. Foust barely lost but hitting 140 on snow had to have been fun. The Ronin with 1000ph on pump gas isn't too shabby, and it's as tame as you want in regular traffic, but find some open road or a race track.... The GTR is about turning as well as forward acceleration. The Ronin is hitting around 1.09-1.11 in the corners. Still gets about 22mpg hwy.

18. Gearhead

Gold Member

1600 isn't that much..I can't see it whiping x275 cars or even alot of cars that run drag week

19. backcheck64

Gold Member

it aint the HP, its how you use it. 490hp doesn't sound like much, but there's a guy with a Hayabusa running 6s in the quarter and it's still streetable.

20. Gearhead

Gold Member

I know that..but the gtr is a heavy sumbitch lol