Sorry if this is the wrong place

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by yesyesno, Nov 30, 2010.

1. yesyesno

yesyesno New Member

Hello, i'm sorry if i am posting this at the wrong place, i do however think it does have some relevance. I'm a guy at 18 years, virgin in every possible way, never had sex, never dated and never kissed. I have always been insecure and had pretty low selfesteem and confidence. I think this is because of my weird childhood, and generally me wasting my time on videogames. when i started at a new education when i was 16 years, we had a great class. Unfortuntly as i was very insecure i was trying to hide it with alot of humor, and yes most of the class really liked me and thought i was funny - but i had a really hard time being taken serious. Anyways, to my surprise some of the girls actually liked me (alot) and kept complimenting me which just made me even more insecure. Probably because i was afraid they were just joking and being really evil. Today i find myself in the exact same role, im the funny guy, but also very insecure and hard to get taken serious.

My question is, if anyone could give me any ideas, how to increase my own selfesteem and confidence?

I also seem to be very stressed and get way too little sleep, how do i break this evil circle?

On another note, i also have so many zits or stuff on my back that it is ridicolous, and that really kills me. I suspect this is because of high amounts of testorone in my body, and i was wondering if masturbating would increase or decrease my level of testorone?

2. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

And welcome to SF.....:D

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

Lots of guys your age have the same troubles as you, they just hide it well.:D
    As far as the testosterone, masturbating may cause a very short term drop, but you're pumping it out like a fire hose right now. Not a thing you can do about it except to know it will level off over the next few years.
    A dermatologist can probably help you gain control of the zits. Believe me, I'm a funny guy too.:lol

4. htoad

htoad Active Member

As someone who has been there when I was in my teens, the main thing I can suggest is to remember that the world will not end if you are rejected, and the more you try, the easier things will tend to be.

I had a friend whom I used to envy, he always seemed to have an easy time meeting girls. I once asked him his "secret", and he said to watch him the next time we were at a party. I noticed that he made a point of going around and trying to talk to every woman at the party - and if they "rejected" him in some way, shape, or form, he was always polite, and just moved on. He did got way more of these - but by the end of the evening he also had 2 or 3 new women he made friends with enough that they gave him their number to get together at some time in the future.

You already have women giving you compliments. Just follow up on their compliments - see if they want to spend some time hanging out with you. Nothing too "heavy" at first, maybe just a coffee somewhere, or a movie. I am sure you will find at least a few of them who will be thrilled that you asked. Some may say no - but remain polite to them. Sometimes just the way you react when rejected can get a woman more interested in you. Or even another women way observe the "rejection" and want to get closer to you because of it.

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dear yesyesno, consider yourself wonderfully lucky as you posses what might arguably be the hottest chick magnet around: Humour!
    Yep that's right, if you can get their attention with laughs then dude you are half way home and way ahead of the pack but you got to know it and be more confident.
    Next time you are in a mixed group situation just be your usual entertaining self but also closely monitor the effect and responses you get from the girls. Sense one that appeals to you and seems particularly amused then focus on Her with some specific directed humour and check the response. My guess is you will make some inroads and gain the confidence you currently lack.