Sore throat after cunnilingus?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by pbj, Jun 18, 2008.

1. pbj

pbj New Member

I'm noticing a pattern, it seems as though after my wife and I get a few days alone that a few days later I develop a sore throat. Is there any possible connection between this and say, extended, frequent cunnilingus?

2. bucky

bucky New Member

That's a new one on me. I have been eating the stuff for 35 yrs and never got a sore throat. May need a little more info. Does this happen everytime? What do you mean by extended and frequent?

The only thing I can think of is if maybe she had a yeastie or something along those lines. Or maybe she is reciprocating and you are a screamer.:lol Not making fun of your situation, dude, just throwing out ideas.

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

As someone prone to sore throats, I can see how this could happen. Any time you have your mouth open for an extended period (as in during cunnilingus), you can dry out the lining of your esophagus, leading to a mildly sore throat.

I have no solution, save for drinking plenty of water before and after to keep hydrated.

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

Gargle with really salty warm water. That'll usually kill any superficial sore throat if there is some pathogen like yeast or another involved.

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

That's what I thought too.

You should get a guy like in a marathon who hands out water every so often :lol

6. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Man, I hate to even toss out this thought...but here goes. IIRC, there's one STD that can be contracted in the mouth by giving oral sex, and it manifests itself as a sore throat in that particular case. I think it's gonorhea, but I can't recall for sure (might be syphyllis or chlymidia?). The good news is that it's one that's easily curable with a simple antibiotic.

Now, since this is recurring, it's probably not an STD! I *think* that if contracted in the mouth, you only get the sore throat once, not recurring. But you'll have to look it up on the web just to see...it's been a long time since I've studied STD's! I would tend to think it's perhaps maybe an elevated yeast level, perhaps an unusual PH, or maybe just "dry throat" from having your mouth open a long time.

BD

7. Pride

Pride New Member

I dont believe ive ever had a sore throat but i do remember one time where my bottom teeth cut my tongue like that one part of the tongue underneath htats like "connecting it to your mouth" ehh im not good with anatomy.

8. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

He's right!

Lots of nasty STDs can be contracted through oral sex! Including herpes! The sore throat is a warning sign. Have her get checked.

Also consider having her do a good wash up just before you go down. And you do a good rinse-and-spit with Johnny Walker or Absolut when you finish!

9. Milbury

Milbury New Member

Ice chips are your friend, and hers. Or, maybe, she's carrying a latent thrush infection. For her next OB/Gyn visit, ask her to ask the doctor about any non-dangerous medical conditions that she may have. If my guess is correct, both of your problems could be solved with a week's worth of anti-fungals.