Sore from Anal Play

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Chonen, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Chonen

Chonen New Member

So I occassionally use anal toys and sometimes my girlfriend uses a strap-on on me. I don't know if she was going too hard, not enough lube ws used or what but I am more sore than I ever have been.
    My anus seems to have swelled and is just generally uncomfortable. I don't feel any discomfort beyond the ecterior though.

Does anyone know why this might have happened? What I can do to treat or prevent it?

Thanks,
    Chance Morgan

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

I can relate, having accidentally "overdone" things, myself, when I was new to anal play :eyes :eek: You may need to downsize your toys for the time being and gradually incorporate the larger ones when anal play no longer causes discomfort (it's best to stick with small-medium sized toys for anal play if you engage in it on a regular basis, at any rate). Always thrust gently, as the anus/rectum were not designed for activities more vigorous than slow and brief excretion of soft objects (i.e., poop). You've got to show your bum TLC if you want to keep it in good shape. Last, but not least, use a high quality lube that will decrease friction and last throughout an entire session of anal play. The difference between using a good lube and your run-of-the-mill drugstore lube for anal play/sex is night and day. Trust me, your bum will be a very happy camper if you invest in the appropriate lubricant (I personally recommend California Exotic Novelties' Original Anal Lube--it's fairly cheap, widely available, non-sticky, has great slip, and lasts a long time). Other lubes that come to mind that are up to the task are Astroglide (probably the thinnest of the bunch), Maximus, Boy Butter, Probe Classic. Any lubricant used in conjunction with anal toys should be water-based, FYI (silicone-based lubes will degrade some sex toy materials).

Good luck, be safe, and have fun!

3. MunaJadida

MunaJadida New Member

Something else that can help is using witch hazel or hemorrhoid ointment immediately after, even if you don't think you're going to be sore. I am never sore after anal if we use lots of lube and ointment right after.

4. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Funny name!

Ha! Never heard of "Boy Butter"! Is there something out there called "Penis Butter"?