Sonora is Mad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Poky, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Poky

Poky Banned

Thought I would post this as it gives one the impression of exclusion from having to take care of thier own by those who live to the South of our boarders. These are not my words by the way..

Sonora is mad...

The shoe is on the other foot and the Mexicans from Sonora don't like it.

State of Sonora is angry at influx of Mexicans into Mexico .

Nine state legislators from the Mexican state of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona 's new employer crackdown on illegals from Mexico .

It seems that many Mexican illegals are now returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off about it.

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona 's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.

At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona 's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

The law, which took effect Jan.1, punishes employers who knowingly hire individuals who don't have valid legal documents to work in the United States .

Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license.

The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on their state government!

'How can they pass a law like this?' asked Mexican Rep. Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales . 'There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona ,' she said, speaking only in Spanish.

Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs,' she said.

'We are one family, socially and economically,' she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona .

WRONG!

The United States is a sovereign nation, not a subsidiary of Mexico , and its taxpayers are not responsible for the welfare of Mexico 's citizens.

It's time for the Mexican government, and its citizens, to stop parasitically feeding off of the United States and to start taking care of its/their own needs.

Too bad all the US states don't pass a law just like it. Maybe that's the answer, since our own Congress will not do anything!

2. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Too bad that illegal laborers are in demand here.

*sigh* Economists have argued for a while now that illegal immigration is a red herring. The issue is the welfare state, not the illegals.

This moron obviously has no idea what he/she is talking about. Transfer of wealth from the US to Mex is not a big deal! In fact US companies get services (i.e. labor) from the immigrants, and those immigrants, illegal or not, usually return large portions of their paychecks home to support their families. Mexico should be thanking us for helping to raise their level of income!

*sigh*

3. Poky

Poky Banned

It's not the legal ones that are the problem and if you ask one of them, they'll tell ya even they don't care for the ones that are illegal... Mexico should thank them all, you are right, but now, oh, Sheriff Joe is putting a wrinkle in Mexico's ideal method of income because it's making them pay out to cover what we the taxpayers have been doing for far to long....It's their turn to suck it up and take some of that load off of our backs..

4. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

yeah .. the problem is that it's not good to poke a trade partner in the eye.

Really, if you look at illegal aliens in this country, they impose a very small tax burden on taxpayers vs. other "minority" groups in the lowest quintile of wealth.

All of this is nonsense. Jesus on hockey skates, the issue isn't the fact that they are working, the issue is those of them that are pulling benefits that the taxpayers pay for.

5. Poky

Poky Banned

Hit the nail on the head :bow

6. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Well, not really, you're talking to a guy who thinks we shouldn't HAVE a federal welfare system. It isn't in the Constitution. It incentivizes and encourages poverty. It's theft. It produces drag on an economy.

But then I'm a crazy nut, what do I know? :eyes

7. Poky

Poky Banned

LOL A1, you're alright :)

8. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Well thank you.

... most people think I'm a few bricks shy of a full load in my political/economic views (many think I'm batshit crazy!). I've been called a chauvinist pig, a complete motherfucker, a capitalist douchebag, etc. Oh and according to many of those same people, I'm full of hate, especially old people, poor people, black people, homeless people, hell apparently I hate everyone. :D

:lol