Songs about sex vs. songs about love.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Gummo, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Gummo

Gummo Member

I personally cannot think of a single song I have ever liked that was written about sex. I do however, like quite a few love songs. I have never, nor will i ever write a song about sex because it feels as though it cheapens the art form...that's just how "I" feel.

Anyway, I absolutely cannot stand it when an artist supplants the word "love" for the word sex. Like these examples......"Girl , I want your love (sex)"....."gonna give you every inch of my love (cock)"......."I can't wait to feel your love tonight"...ect.

Which way do you lean?...or....have you even thought about it?

Curious.

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I sit on the fence with this one.
    Neither one way or tuther; like em both except when violence is also involved.

3. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Enjoy true love songs and sex songs. Shook me all night long by ac/dc and closer by nin are my favs.

4. 1hotmamma420

Gold Member

I enjoys all music. Certain types of music seem to refer to both as one in the same. Doesn't bother me either way. If I'm feeling sexy I want to listen to a song about sex. If we are making love, I want to listen to one about love.

5. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Sooo... (to the OP) what are your feelings about the popularity of Marvin Gay - Sexual Healing?

Going back to the beginnings of Rock N Roll... How about The Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace?

I think you're disagreeing with an inevitability of music.

6. Gummo

Gummo Member

Sooo... (to the OP) what are your feelings about the popularity of Marvin Gay - Sexual Healing?

Going back to the beginnings of Rock N Roll... How about The Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace?

I think you're disagreeing with an inevitability of music.

Don't like any of those tunes ...sorry. it is an opinion, nothing more. I am immersed in music, have taken my living from it most my life. As an artist ....I don't go down that road. Just does not feel correct to me, music is and can be a substantial addition to sex.........BUT......"writing" about sex is cheap and easy in my opinion...can be done well by any hack that skates along.

All i'm saying is...........................nevermind. This will end poorly.

7. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Well, just so you know, I honestly don't care for Sexual Healing. Chantilly Lace I would say I disliked it less but it was a song I thought was a little creepy.

The bigger point is that for those of us who don't like those songs, it's hard to deny their popularity. As such my further point is that it is my opinion that you're being a little too rigid in your definition of the art.

8. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

#8 Untamed, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  9. Bamaman

Bamaman New Member

well if your in a horny mood good sex songs are good but more in a love making mood songs about romance are better

10. Godiva

Godiva Member

I think songs are good, isn't the biggest sex organ the brain? I personally am fond of
    "secret" by Maroon 5...and I like songs with a sexy feel like
    "sexy silk" - jesse J "this sex is on fire" the kings of leon

and for love making soft instrumentals...like "End titles" Edward Shearmur
    And you know...those slightly but not too sappy soft male vocal songs about how awesome his girl is and how much he loves her.

And occasionally a naughty possibly cheeky one like "lying is the most fun a girl can have (without taking her clothes off)" Panic at the disco. "wow i can get sexual too" say anything..."butterfly" Jason Mraz. "Inside of you" Infant sorrow...hehe

or animalistic "Tear you apart" She wants revenge. It literally takes me less time than the length this song to get off...

Alright, i'll admit. MOST of these songs were played during hot sex scenes from movies and they respark how turned on i was watching softcore... :) It works for me...

I like the songs so long as they don't just replace certain words with "love" and are very subtle without being stupid about it. EXACTLY like Maroons song, i think it's metaphor is not cheese and really works with the song. The tempo and singing style of it just makes it less cheesy than it could have. It's very sensual...and evokative. To me.

11. couple4couplehd

couple4couplehd New Member

Go to a night club and listen to some humpy music and then go home with the dude you met there and listen to Mike & The Michanics.

12. Trond

Gold Member

Just to rub that meaning of "love" in the OP's face:
    This thread reminded me of "Love Gun" by Kiss.
    Take it with a sense of humor :p It still rocks pretty good.
    kiss - love gun - YouTube

13. tomh2430

tomh2430 New Member

Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love" wasn't really about love. With lyrics like "gonna give you every inch of my love..." you could say lust was the main theme. Not sure if many people here would appreciate Led Zeppelin, though.

14. Gummo

Gummo Member

"Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love" wasn't really about love. With lyrics like "gonna give you every inch of my love..." you could say lust was the main theme. Not sure if many people here would appreciate Led Zeppelin, though."

My original point exactly.