Sometimes the World is an Amazing place.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beach, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Beach

Beach New Member

2. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Nice find Beach. I enjoyed watching that. :)

3. backcheck64

Gold Member

Yes, our mission is to seek out new life, new civilizations....and kill them.

Maybe they have it right, no ipods, internet, WAR.

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I have to be honest, I *did* think about that. While it's an amazing situation and the guy was incredibly friendly, I can't help but wonder how much harder life has gotten for them with the rest of the world now in their shit. Culture shock (though they seemed to handle recordings and the cameras and mirrors and stuff fairly well), greed, etc. There are few instances in history where the indigenous peoples don't get completely bent over. I should research that instance and those peoples, see how things have progressed.

5. igor

Gold Member

It's amazing to me that even when that video was shot that there were still groups that had not encountered the outside world in some fashion. I was thinking a similar thing to what someone else said - maybe they are lucky with no internet, i-phones or i-pads.

6. Beach

Beach New Member

I found it a beautiful piece myself... I appreciated for what it was real, visceral. I didn't think the obvious bullet points were needed, we all know how evil man is. Its beaten into are very psyche every day.
    I hoped more would appreciate it for what I saw in it...

From what I have read some 30 years later they grow there own crops and do have some modern tools but being so remote little else has changed.

7. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Good to know. I would have loved to have been in that guys place for what it's worth. Such a thing is unique, and had to be thrilling and such on so many levels.

8. Trond

Gold Member

Very nice clip! Thanks for posting.

Just thought I should point out something as far as the "no war" statement goes: tribal warfare in New Guinea, South America and elsewhere is often incredibly brutal. Still, it is sort of sad to see certain ancient cultures disappear.