[Ask a Girl] So What constitues a "bad boy".

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by backcheck64, Mar 4, 2011.

1. backcheck64

Gold Member

This is based off of NurseHarleys men are scum. I was curious since so many times it has been stated women like bad boys.

Like I've stated, I treat my wife like a queen. I'll do anything for her, she gets my undivided attention. Unless I'm running kids or playing hockey which isn't near as often with the kids schedule, I'm home every night to spend time with her....yet I wouldn't consider my self a "nice" guy. During a game, I'm the first one to drop the gloves, yet never layed a finger on her. I ride a motorcycle, not a crap Harley, but a crotch rocket and sport tourer and rarely are both tires on the ground, when the bike comes out it will be in triple digits unless one of the kids is with me. I pull pranks on people and love to fuck with peoples minds. When skiing, I buzz the damn snow boarders, run the terrain parks, when playing golf, play demolition derby with the carts and anyone that can tag a grounds keeper with a ball, no stroke penalty and $20...I'm leading my friends on that. So where would that put someone like me that treats their wife or GF with care and respect, would lay down their life for her, puts her wants and needs first, yet fucks with everyone else and no stranger to danger.

2. cavallo

cavallo New Member

This is a great question

3. nurseharley

Gold Member

i don't really know. i think there's an image of what a bad boy is and then there's the attitude of a bad boy which, to me anyway, are two different things.

i'm gonna say that a bad boy is a guy who basically doesn't really care to spend time with his girlfriend, doesn't seem that into her and doesn't really give her that much attention which makes us have to chase him so to speak.

then there's the image, which is kind of what you spoke of. the whole motorcycles and leather and tattoos and cigarettes type deal. this may be old fashioned though.

there's an idea that women want guys that don't want them. if a guy gives us "too much" attention than we get sick of him or don't appreciate it but if a guy doesn't call us or come see us or whatever the case may be, we cling on to him in hopes of making him pay attention to us or give us some sort of approval.

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

I don't think I'll ever understand most women... I understand if a guy is looking for a mommy replacement and smothering, but why would you be attracted to someone that shows utter indifference to you? And I don't dress right I guess. On the motorcycle I wear cargo shorts, T shirt, and sandles or Asics, no leather, no tattoos, never have and never will smoke, and usually clean shaven, may have helmet hair, but it's short so not that unruley.

I just don't get it. I'll bring my wife something if she can't get away from work. If it snows, I'll go by and clean off her car before she leaves or if it's bad in the morning, I'll drive her to work and pick her up. A skirt she was wanting came in and she could get to the store to grab one, they only had one size 1 on the invoice, so I picked it up for her. I'll take the kids and go to the golf course or driving range to give her a little peace.....and when she tells them at work about it, all she hears is my husband wouldn't do that for me, and they start bitching about him. Seems most men have gotten like this because women put up with it. The fact that society has gotten so self centered and selfish and all the broken homes don't help the situation.

5. nurseharley

Gold Member

yeah, i don't understand us either.

i like nerds

6. cavallo

cavallo New Member

Well the only bad boy part of me I guess are my tats

7. nurseharley

Gold Member

like i said, that may be an old fashioned view of a bad boy and not true for everyone. i think i was thinking of what a mother would hate to see show up to her door to pick up her daughter lol

but i like tattoos :D

8. backcheck64

Gold Member

It wasn't my personal apperance, from what I always heard, the mothers thought I was very good looking....it was my car that gave them pause, all black Chevy Impala, 18" wide tires on the back, LT1 under hood tuned to just shy of 500hp, and loud enough to wake the dead...that and watching their daughter climb over the roll cage....that and 200ft burnouts as we left the house.

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

Hey, I resemble that remark...ya need your computer fixed, car fixed, motorcycle fixed, home fixed.....I am a contractor.

10. nurseharley

Gold Member

i forgot to mention a guy with a car, especially a nice car is also considered a bad boy.....to maybe a girl who is like 15 :p

pffttt just fixing something doesn't make you a nerd. keep your nose buried in a book, conduct science experiments in your basement, don't leave the house, be very shy and quiet and then you'll be a nerd!

11. cavallo

cavallo New Member

Mothers love me :)
    Good to know you like tats that's one check in my favor

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

I've got a couple of friends that have girls throwing themselves at them because of their car, one has a Lotus, the other a 911 Cabriolet, and Jay did when he had the Jag SJX convertable. And these guys are in their late 30s early 40s. Though I have women hitting on me and I have a Titan pickup and a Honda Minivan, the bike and ATV (the Rogue is considered my wifes)...I guess it isn't the car in my case.

My son is called a nerd, top of his class every year, took his ACTs and SATs at age 12 and could have entered college, reads quite a bit, plays video games and can nuts working on computers....but is a AA Hockey player, excellent lacrosse player, snowboards, wakeboards, trick bikes....I don't think it requires black rimmed glasses and a pocket protector LOL

13. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

Sounds just like me! :p

"Tattoos = bad boy" is kinda old fashioned nowdays. I'm gonna get myself a tattoo on the 24 of march so even the nerdy guys have those.
    Still it's a video game tattoo and it's from one of my all time favorite games, Silent Hill 3.

14. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Same here NH. I like intellectual people that can sit down and have a decent conversation with me. I class them as nerds, geeks.. I myself I class as a geek.. my girlfriends all call me a geek LOL

But I still don't understand what it is.. I myself don't like the macho tough guy personality it is totally off putting for me. But find a guy who is kinky in the sheets "bad boy" in the bedroom quite intriguing.

I've learned that if a guy doesn't text back or is too busy spending time playing an xbox rather than spending it playing with me... he doesn't really give a shit at all. So the guy that plays the "I don't care" card isn't my type. "bad boy" not even .. more like dickhead.

In retrospect I myself want a nice guy, gentlemen who holds my hand when we're out.. who is a bad boy in the bedroom... and can't take his hands off me.

15. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

I don't know about bad boys,but I'm always attracted to guys who are misunderstood.
    Maybe other people don't like him or he is an underdog...

I think guys who are dark and brooding can seem more like "bad guys",cuz you never know what they are thinking

16. Martin_Baker

Martin_Baker New Member

I'm not sure if there's a blurry line between "bad boy" and asshole or if they're one and the same. Whenever I try to work out why women are attracted to a certain type of guy I think of a mate of mine Jacko. We're not close friends but we help each other out from time to time. He's 40 years old, which is more than a few years older than me. To say he's screwed 500 women in his life would not be a huge exaggeration. Assuming he's been screwing since he was 15, 500 women only averages out at between 1 and 2 new women per month, every month for 25 years.

I've known him 15 years and 1 to 2 women per month would be conservative for the time I've known him.

He's never been interested in developing any sort of long term relationship with any one. Compared to how I think people should be treated, I think he's an asshole towards all of them. He's never tried to treat any of them well. I've been asked by some of his conquests if I can somehow intervene because they really want to develop a relationship with him, but he is not interested and continues to treat all of them like dirt.

My question is why is it that someone with so little regard for women's feelings or emotions is the object of their desire? So much so that they are desperate for his attention and want to develop a relationship with him.

He has the gift of the gab, enough that month in, month out, he is always finding women that want to be with him. Year after year, for 15 years I've never seen him with the same woman twice.

What draws women to someone like that? He's not overly successful. He's not a millionaire, doesn't drive a sports car. He pays a mortgage on a modest house. He treats women like shit and they seem to not get enough of him.

It's not something I've ever been able to answer. I've made my own life, got married and had a daughter. I'm very happy with my life, I just can never understand what attracts women to Jacko, who I think is a complete asshole towards them.

This is an interesting topic.