So long, and thanks for all the fish

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heelfetish, Nov 23, 2010.

1. heelfetish

Gold Member

To my many friends: you have my email address if you want to keep in touch. Fare thee well, :sf It's been an interesting 4 years.

2. luvbug

Gold Member

I hate to see you go. Keep in touch. :(

3. awakened

awakened New Member

I am sad to see you leave the forum, but understand:cry

4. Kermit

Gold Member

The first of perhaps many defections, though i hope not

5. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

I'm on the fence myself. It's been very VERY nice getting to know you. I hate to lose correspondence; but I understand.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

You're leaving again!
    Oh well I guess he'll never get this message.

The going has gotten tough, yet I haven't bailed... again. Last time everybody thought the forums were going to hell, all the moderators but me bailed out and ran away. I (being a noob moderator) gathered two cohorts to help me and we held it together didn't we, with no help from the drama crew. Now the going gets tough again. My two cohorts and me are still here. Go ahead and bail. At least this time you aren't abandoning a brand new moderator to hang on all by himself like last time.

7. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I'm too much of a busy body to bail at the first sign of trouble.

8. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

He'll be back.....:p
    Since Ive been on this site, Heely's done this now on several occasions.....it's starting to get a bit old now....:popcorn
    But mark my words....he'll be back.....:eyes

9. loveit247

Gold Member

Sad to see you go.

But do tell me, what is this drama that everyone speaks of?

10. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

That is a path that is probably best left alone this time around. The last time I remember seeing the drama, someone ended up getting banned. Posts that should have never been posted to the open forum were posted, and I don't think I want to go into the rest of what happened. It's in the past, and should be left there.

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

Agreed. That was Rock Bottom . We have come a long way in a short time. We can be proud of the small but growing membership we have now and the ownership they show embracing our community. It's fun again.

12. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

It may have only been 2 weeks since my last login before today, according to the counter in the top right corner, but it seems a LOT has changed here in that time. Seems things are coming along nicely.:D

13. loveit247

Gold Member

I always miss all the fun. :/

14. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'm not sorry I have strong opinions. I'm not sorry for sticking to my convictions. But right now I am sorry I gave the site a second chance. :ugh

I am posting only to clarify a few things mentioned in this thread. This is only the second time I've left the site. The first time I didn't announce my departure, instead I sent a PM to my closest friends here. After leaving the first time, I decided to give the site another chance. I missed my friends here, I wanted to see if things had improved.

Just so you may better understand, I have an analogy for you... Say you have a favorite restaurant. You've been a loyal customer for many years. You have befriended the staff, and many other customers. You love the food there. You love spending time there. But for various reasons, the restaurant goes downhill. It's not as busy or as nice as it once was, the counters & floor are now a little dusty, but you continue to eat there because you still love the food and the company. Then one day the restaurant is sold. You hope for the best, but the new owners have a new vision for the restaurant. They start by changing the atmosphere. Then they start to change the menu. You dislike the new food, and start to feel like an outsider. When you bring these concerns to the new owner, you are ignored. Would you continue to dine there? So you stop going for a while. You try new places, but eventually wonder if your beloved old favorite has improved any. So you decide to give it another chance. You return to find that in fact it hasn't. The new owners are in the middle of further revisions which the current clientele do not want. When you voice your opinion, again you are shot down. Again, would you still eat there? Or would you find someplace new?

I am not 'bailing'; I do not owe :sf anything. I'm simply moving on. I am surprised to see people I thought were friends slinging mud and stabbing me in the back, but I suppose that's just one more reason to shut the door on this chapter of my life forever.

PS Thanks for the kind words, Loveit, luvbug, awakened, and SWGirl. I'll miss you too.

15. luvbug

Gold Member

I wish you wouldnt leave. You DO have friends here and we hate to see you leave. Dont let anyone run you off....stick with us and give the site a chance. Who knows...when its all said and done we all might like it better.

16. Northside

Gold Member

I don't blame him a bit. This place has changed. It's not as comfortable as it once was, and Heely should be where he is happy. I appreciate his participation here. He owes us nothing. There comes a time for all of us to move on. Many, many have left without a word. Heely said goodbye. That was classy and shows he cared about a lot of us here. Making fun of his announcing his departure and his returning isn't showing much class at all. Now it seems to be classy to folks here to post a pecker picture, ask if it's long enough, and then say "Hello I'm new here." For what it's worth....Good luck Heely and thanks for being here when it was fun.

17. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I agree with luvbug :)

18. HardRocker

Gold Member

It didn't help that I cracked on him either. Too late for that though. Hopefully he'll check on us once in a blue moon.

19. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

eh... it happens!