So I went swimming and bought a phone.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

and it was 25 degrees out. Yep. This girl I'm sorta seein, her and I went out to dinner. Had a nice time. Then we went down to the river to relax. It's an incredible feeling to be with someone like that and be parked up against the river watching the water slowly move by the glow of the moonlight. Anyway we were there for about an hour, in my car, heat on, listening to the radio quietly while talking here and there. Then she made a crack about swimming, I said ok lets go. She said no way, it's so cold and I bet you wouldn't do it anyway. I said fine, stay here. Got out, stripped to my boxers, and leaped in. About 4 nanoseconds later after being completely under I ran back to the car in soaked boxers to find her laughing her ass off. After warming up which only took a good minute or two, I got dressed and then we relaxed for another hour in the car. Every time there was silence, she'd start laughing randomly over what I just did. Bahahaha.

Then today, I bought a phone. Yep. I'm awesome. I wanted the Motorola KRZR, which is like a RAZR except from what I keep reading it's just not as bulky (wide) and does a more decent job overall in terms of reception, sound quality, etc. I went to letstalk.com first to check out their deals, but unfortunately they only offered the discounted price of the phone on the 900 minute plan (59.99). I almost upgraded to it, cause I'm currently on a 450 minute 39.99 plan with 8.99 early nights (7pm). So it'd only be like 12 bucks more to upgrade to the plan, and since I'd have double the minutes I wouldn't bother with the early nights add on feature. But then I checked out amazon.com and saw they offered the phone for 99 bucks with 2 yr contract on all plans, including the 450 minute plan. Go me! Rawr!

Sadly it'll take two weeks to even ship. But once it ships out, since I paid for overnight shipping, I'll get it within a day. Just sucks the mofo won't ship for a while. :(

Yep. That's my story. I got a cool phone which is a relief cause my current one likes to shut off randomly, and also went swimming in my boxers in an ice cold river. Rawr!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

why didnt you just go into a dealer to buy the phone?

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Because Cingular wanted 199 with 2 year contract. Letstalk.com wanted 150 + 50 mail in rebate with 2 year contract (100 in the end) along with an upgraded plan (not a big deal). Amazon.com wanted 99 straight up with 2 year contract with ALL plans, including mine. I did it to save money. Also note, the Cingular price was their online price. I can't imagine what their in store price would be...