So I May Have A Stalker

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by minskminx, Jan 28, 2014.

1. minskminx

Gold Member

OK, so I have so many problems in every day life but it is not enough it seems! I've been granted more!

For the last two nights I have been getting phone calls to my home phone - lots of them. I only started writing down details tonight but it was 8 times tonight. I had to take the phone off the hook!

I started to get a man phoning up asking for a female name, not my name though. I thought it was just a wrong number so I said "this person does not live here, I'm sorry, good night!". This happened a few times. I cannot be sure it was the same person but I think it was.

Then the calls continued and I got angry. I said "OK, please do not call this number again, this person does not live here!".

Again I still get the calls so I ask who is calling and why they are calling, but they do not answer, all they say is "I want to talk to (the name which is not mine)" or "I am just talking with you (name)". I have a foreign accent so there is no mistaking me for another local person. It's just not possible he thinks he is talking to a different person.

Then things get worse. The caller starts phoning and putting on different voices seperately in seperate calls and then in the call he started to change his voice, so I know it is the same person. This part has really scared me because only a madman would do something like that. I tried to trace the call but I could not get a number.

I live alone most of the time and I was actually really scared earlier. I thought "what if this person has more than my phone number?" an address or other information.

I phoned my boyfriend and he said just take the phone off the hook and if I have to answer not to talk to them or show any emotion because that is what they want and just say "wrong number" and put the phone down. He also said I should write down all the calls so I have details. So I have tried to calm down and not be angry or frightened.

Does anyone else have any experiences of something like this? Phone calls or stalking? What did you do?

I may have to go to the police if this continues.

2. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Do you have caller ID? Is this home phone or cell? Call your phone company and ask for help. They can block the number that is calling.

3. minskminx

Gold Member

No, I do not have caller ID sadly. It is my home phone, so far there are no calls to my cell phone. I do not give out my home phone number ever, there are probably less than 10 people who even have it so I do not know how someone has got my number.

What worries me is even if the number is blocked the person that makes the calls does not vanish away. It is obvious from tonight that the person doing this is trying to scare me and I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

Thank you for replying! It has made me feel braver.

4. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

I would stop answering the phone for now. It gives creeps a thrill. You may need caller ID if he continues. Good luck.

5. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Call the police (non-emergency number) or the phone company - they should be able to trace it.

boobjob likes this.
  6. BlueCollar

Gold Member

^ agreed. Contact the police ASAP. Not out of panic. Out of personal protection. Remain calm. Explain to the police what you've told us and let them help you deal with it from there. If only a few people have your home number then it won't be a big deal to change it. Call the phone company and do so. Again personal protection. Check your locks check your windows. If the police arrive to take a report have them check around your home.
    M, I don't want to freak you out with my advice and hope I haven't. I just think that you should take the steps to stop it. Wether it's serious or some douchebag messing around. Either way, it should stop.
    And dudes wonder why they can't get women??? It's assholes like this that give us all a bad name. Take care M. :)

luvbug likes this.
  7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

And the simple final solution; have a whistle handy and if he calls and you know that it is definitively him do not say a word but blow that whistle with all the breath you have.
    The result will be that he will have gained a hearing impairment possibly permanent for his troubles so make certain it is him before doing it. My ex had to do that once and was never bothered again….ever!

boobjob and HotForHoney like this.
  8. minskminx

Gold Member

OK, thank you everyone that replied, it really helped me stay more calm.

I am tired this morning because I did not get to sleep until late but I am always out on Wednesday night with friends so I am going to stay over at a friends house tonight. On Thursday I can take the phone off the hook again and on Friday after work I will go to my boyfriends, instead of him coming to me on Saturday. He will be working but at least I won't be here by myself and he has two big dogs for protection and I only have a little cat to guard my house! Hopefully this will have stopped by next week. If I get one more phone call I will phone the authorities but hopefully that doesn't happen as I really don't want to even hear this guys voice again, or the name he calls me.

You know what? Usually I am a little tough cookie with lots of confidence and I always think women should stand up to men and not take any nonsense. If someone had told me this story I would have been dismissive and thought "oh! don't be so weak!". But this really creeped me out and I was really scared. I don't know who this guy is, why he is phoning me, what else he knows about me or what his motives are and that makes me feel more vulnerable than I think I have ever before.

Thank you all again!

boobjob likes this.
  9. ginger

Gold Member

dial 1471 this gives you the number if not withheld of the last person that called you

10. igor

Gold Member

WHat bluecollar said! Meantime rather than taking the phone off the hook, unplug it. If you leave it off the hook the phone system may disconnect the line. Yes- get the police involved.

11. minskminx

Gold Member

Hi!

The phone calls continue but not so frequently as before, only two in the last two nights compared with about 20 at the beginning of the week. I did report them but they came from many different numbers, so they are hard to block but all the numbers he has used are blacklisted now.

I have gathered my nerve and I am not so frightened as before so everything is OK. I'm sure this person is nothing but a coward and if I am not frightened he has no power. He is pathetic and needs to be pitied more than feared.

I really hope there are no more as if he phones when my boyfriend is here he will go crazy! I don't want to spend all weekend getting him to calm down! I've already had a stressful week and I'd rather have a nice lovely weekend.

Thank you all for support and advice, with luck I won't need any more.

HotForHoney and boobjob like this.
  12. anotherguy

Verified Gold Member

What everyone else said, go to the police. Glad that it isn't as frequent now but still, that would be horrible.

13. rileyjane

I had a guy really flirting with me he was a vendor I did work with. T first I thought it was harmless, but it got out of control calling me and emailing me saying things that made me very uncomfortable. One day he just showed up at my office I happened to be there alone that day.. I recognized his truck called the cops and got a personal protection order.. Have not heard from him since but he honestly gave me nightmares and panic attacks... Dont mess around, you don't know what he will do........
    :( Sorry you are dealing with this