smells a little

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Tech, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Tech

Tech Member

this is embarrasing.

my girlfriend, who I love, we have great sex. we have been together for just over 3 months

however since the first time, she has a "pong" or a strong smell coming from down there. she is hygenic of course, but cannot smell it herself, probably because she is used to it.

I thought it was just me, but i went along with it anyway.... and kept my mouth shut as I am not a disrespectful person at all.

she unfortunately got admitted to hospital recently. a few days later in the hospital, she got a wash/rub from the nurses in her bed.

when she came home, I noticed that the smell down there was no more.... so of course, I know that she wouldnt have been cleaning herself properly.

but now... its coming back slowly again - what should I do about this delicate matter? am I being silly? It can be off putting at times....

I appreciate any advice... and no, this is not a joke! I am totally serious! :)

2. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

Give her a bar of soap and a sponge

3. Tech

Tech Member

very funny....

4. HardRocker

Gold Member

Damn, how many nurses were in her bed rubbing her?

Take a shower with her and wash her pussy yourself. But don't get soap in it, just on and around it. Washing the inside of her vagina can kill beneficial bacteria and leave it susceptible to yeast.

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

There really is no delicate way to handle this. What you need to do is just flat out tell her that you noticed she smelled better when she got home from the hospital. No girl wants to go around with a smelly snatch, so I think she must not have a clue how she smells. How many people do you know that have shit-breath? Don't you think that if they knew they stunk they'd try to fix it?

Tell her about it so she can fix it.

#5 Barbwire, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  6. Tech

Tech Member

yeh i completely understand...just dont want her to not talk to me or something or say its insulting....

its only when she takes off her g-string....

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

Look man, you are doing her a favour. Maybe her odour has nothing to do with hygeine, maybe it's health related. If you care for her, you will tell her. Yeah, she might be upset at first, but I'm sure she'll get over it. All I know is, if I had an offensive odour that I myself could not detect, I'd be happy if someone let me know about it.

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

Does she wear polyester or some low% cotton panties? They don't breathe and could cause odor even if she's meticulously clean. The answer may be as simple as cotton panties. Voila, an opportunity; go out and buy her some cute cotton intimates and surprise her. She'll wear them for you and in the process, air out the ol' cooter.:eyes
    In the hospital, she probably wore institutional cotton gowns.
    Win Win. :D
    I'll be dying to know if it works.

9. Dreama

Gold Member

Good idea, HR!

10. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Women emit a discharge when their vaginas are cleaning themselves... and it can sometimes get on their panties, etc. So that may be the smell you are speaking of...

So this may just be a natural smell bro.

Every woman has some kind of smell down there... my g/f's odor turns me on and is very distinct... but it isn't repugnant.

Now if your eyes well up and you gotta hold your breathe, then that is a natural sign she has some issues going on.

But no girl (I know of at least) will have no smell going on...

Just make sure you know the difference between a woman's natural smell and an odor that signifies something is wrong, before you confront her, because women can be very sensitive about this issue.

11. loveit247

Gold Member

I would sit her down and delicately tell her. There is no easy way to do it but you should be honest here.

12. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Tech,
    I strongly suspect you GF has what is commonly called "fishy fanny" which is a bacterial overgrowth of an anearobic microbe called Gardneralla vaginosa.
    Google that and determine if it fits the case.
    The fact that she was in hospital and then it went away suggests to me that she was on some sort of antibiotics which temporally suppressed this organism but now it is making a come back.
    First do your research but then (if it fits) be sure to tell her that this condition is not caused by an STD or STI as it now often referred to.
    After proper clinical/pathology diagnosis, a course of simple antibiotics such as metronidazole will clear it up pronto.
    Nobody should have to suffer this in silence.
    Well wishes dude.

13. fantasien

fantasien New Member

That is Funny!:lol

14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Guys/girls or half wayers , do not belittle this issue as there is nothing "funny" in it ok?

15. HardRocker

Gold Member

I'm tellin ya, my suggestion in post #8 is for real; doctors will back me up on that. It needs to breathe to help prevent yeast and bacterial growth.

16. diesel

diesel New Member

Just see if she will go without panties for a little while,let it have some fresh air

17. HardRocker

Gold Member

Ah, yes; the ultimate cure!:D

18. confused08

confused08 New Member

In my experience all women I have been with have smelled a little bit different. None of them have had a horrible smell though. Consider this may be a medical condition but also that maybe that this her natural smell and it is only not good to you. Everyone has different "tastes" if you may. Otherwise I agree with Hardrocker, just get in the shower with her and wash for yourself. That will help you in wondering if it is just a general hygein problem. If it works she is obviously just not washing correctly. Good Luck, I hope everything works out for ya.