Simple Fixes

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

What simple fixes have you found for problems round the house?

My laptop cord plug keeps sliding out of an already damaged charger section....so i taped it to my laptop :) to keep it in place :)

2. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

LOL my laptop cord keeps on sliding out also... it has so much tape wrapped around it it's not funny

3. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Had a broken water line and no plumber tools, I used a C clamp to shut the end of the line and it worked good.

4. Beach

Beach New Member

don't follow... How did a C-clamp stop a water leak ? Maybe a garden hose I suppose...

5. Woody81

Woody81 Member

Can't think of anything off the top of my head. But I can assure you whatever it was or will be, will be fixed with duck tape, krazy glue, and bailing wire.

6. Trond

Gold Member

The first time we bought an apartment (when we were young and naive) we didn't notice that the previous owner had 'fixed' almost everything with a staple gun. The ceiling had been 'patched' with a wooden board that was stapled in place, the doormat was stapled to the floor, and the curtains had been stapled to the walls next to the window! :lol

7. nyxx

nyxx New Member

you laughed, so its funny :p

i had to plugs cut in half and joined the two halves together to make one working wire. my corner desk had the middle leg collapse, so I just put a cabinet there to hold it up instead of buying a new desk.

8. coldplayer85

coldplayer85 Member

My air humidifier didn't work 2 days ago. I gave it a sidekick.

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

Drive though a trailer park, you can rebuild your home and car with duct tape and bailing wire. I'm a freak, I repair things properly or replace them.

10. PlayfulTip

PlayfulTip New Member

My guy is the same way. Everything has to be done properly and sometimes his extremes make me nuts! He will leave and run to the store to grab 1 bolt if he lacks it in one of his many toolboxes.

11. Woody81

Woody81 Member

For simple fixes those are on top of the Snap-on box for the easy grab. At least till you can fix it right, or replace it.

Funny you say that about trailer parks and simple fixes. We were going to New Mexico awhile back and went through Roswell and she saw some tires on top of trailer houses. She asked "What are those for"? I told her "So the roof doesn't blow off" and moved on to the next conversation. Once we got to Ruidoso I was unloading the the truck, she asked how I knew about the tires on the roof. I said "Hell, I thought everyone knew that". A buddy chimed in and said "You think YOUR wife knows about trailers? Miss priss never has even been in close proximity of one, much less known someone that lives in one, hahahaha". The rest of our time there my friends and I made fun of our wives for their snooty upbringing, lol. Bless my wife's snooty upper class heart. What she sees in a ne'er-do-well guy like me keeps me pondering. LOL

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

Not only do I want it fixed, if it can be improved, I'll do that at the same time. I was hoping to have an intake problem on the Odyssey because a supercharger on the minivan would be a blast.

13. PlayfulTip

PlayfulTip New Member

Lol we borrowed my cousin's pedi-paws. It didn't work so he decided to "fix" it. After he suped it up it went so fast that if I tried to trim my dog's nails with it I am afraid it would have ripped a toe off. He said nothing can ever have too much power.

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

Your husband and I have something in common. I haven't fucked with my wifes new Rogue yet...YET bacause it's too new. But all our other vehicles, lawn equipment, anything with an engine gets intake and exhaust mods, it it has brakes, cross drilled rotors and SS brake lines....I want to get the minivan down to 0-60 in 5 sec or less. "Hell no we won't be late for hockey practice" LOL

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

You can crimp off a copper line, the 1/4 line for a refrigerator would be easy....and I have a couple of C clamps the size of a small child.

16. Beach

Beach New Member

yeah that makes sense... Gotta love those shark bite fittings. I keep expecting one to fail and it hasn't happened yet.

17. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

hangover.. pain relief and loads of water.. simple