Silicone Toys

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Bluesy, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluesy

Gold Member

I use a gentle liquid soap and rinse in boiling hot water for a few minutes, but I can never figure out how to dry them. No matter what I use, they end up with a coating of fuzz. Practically speaking it's fine, but I'd prefer my vibrator fuzz-free. What do you dry your silicone toys with?

As a related question, is it necessary to wash them immediately? One of the reasons I chose silicone is that it's nonporous, so I didn't have to worry about bacteria, but I still feel a little guilty leaving them sit around until the next morning. (Normally I'm too tired to go wash them, since it's usually late at night and I'm wiped after orgasming.)

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I let mine sit until morning, without guilt. My only thing is making sure they are somewhere my kids aren't going to get their hands on them, so I try to wrap them in a towel or something in our room. I'm quarky and we have a sex towel. Shrugs.

I let mine dry on a towel, instead of patting them dry, and then I store them in the packages they came in. Another option might be a ziplock once the toy is dry.

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

If I remember right Sue said to put them in the dishwasher.

4. Motley Fan

Motley Fan New Member

that would be interesting in spouse told little johnny to unload the dishwasher.....

5. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

My best guess is that any battery operated toy shouldn't go through the dishwasher, for risk of ruining it. And watch what your water heater is set at, in addition to how hot the water in the dishwasher gets (d/t the heating element typically involved) so that you don't ruin a whole load of expensive toys. OUCH!

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

Right, I don't think I'll try that anytime soon. Silicone vibrators don't come cheap.

Good, I'll let go of my guilt now.

I smell merchandising potential here. I wouldn't mind having a Sex Towel(tm) with the periodic table of sex positions on it. I don't know if you've seen the posters, but they are cute. Hearts, leopard print, the possibilities are endless.

I think I'll go with the air drying idea. I'm just always afraid I'll forget about them on a day when, say, my mom is coming over to visit; my bedroom door would be wide open, of course, and she's nosy. She'd probably just laugh, but I think I would be mortified :eek

7. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I think you should get in the habit of keeping that bedroom door closed, baby. You are allowed a room in your house that is yours alone and where privacy is sacred. I have made a collage of pictures from a classy adult picture site (I'll share in private if you want) that decorates my room. It's artsy but very adult. I try to keep my kids out of my room for that reason..... but I am also trying to be pretty open about sexuality with them as well. Anyway, it's your room!! Mom stays out!

8. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

true

the ones that are not electric should really be cleaned in the dishwasher
    for the same reason that dishes should be done their.
    remember you are going to put it in your pussy so it should be sanatized.

9. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

It should be as clean as any cock you're going to allow in there. My man washes with Zest in the shower. So I expect that Zest will work on any toy he and I use together. Now, if we're discussing taking a toy to an orgy, where it might be used by any number of people, I'd be more careful and, say, use antibacterial soap and really really hot water. I say worry more about the cocks being clean than the toys! ;)

10. Bluesy

Gold Member

Oh, no, no, I meant that I would forget to close the door because I don't normally, and she would probably take a glance at the room while passing by (to see if I'm making the bed and throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper, that kind of naggy mom stuff that they never seem to outgrow :p). I should've been more explicit. But, yeah, I should probably get into the habit of keeping it shut. Then I can leave my toys out without fear ;)

I would love to see that. What a neat idea (please do share).

No need to worry, bighiker, my toys are silicone, which is impervious to bacteria. You can boil them if you want, but my hot water is scalding, so I rinse for a couple of minutes, and I'm sure that does the trick. I wouldn't bother with jelly toys because they can get nicked too easily and washing with hot water might not be enough in that case. It's always a good idea to invest in quality toys.

11. Ange

Ange New Member

I've heard you can put silicone toys in the microwave for a short period to pre-warm for play or dry. Also, you could use a hair dryer to speed air drying.

12. Motley Fan

Motley Fan New Member

good tips Ange

13. Bluesy

Gold Member

Ange, that is brilliant! Thank you for passing those tips along.

14. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I love glass for that..... warming it under hot running water, or cold running water. Amazing!

"Pure Pleasure".... my absolute favorite glass toy!

15. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

16. BabyReadThat

BabyReadThat New Member

My dildo can get pretty fuzzy too. I wash it afterwards and let it air dry and I keep it in a ziploc freezer bag. Sometimes I might have to take a damp cloth to it before hand.

17. Bluesy

Gold Member

Very classy! I love how you've used a matted background with the traditional cut-outs; it's sort of...incongruent...in an artistic kind of way. I like it :tup My only complaint is that you can't really see the pictures :mad ;)

18. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Sweet Bluesy. Did you click on the picture? It takes to you where it is stored, and it's a huge picture there, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are from samarelart.com

19. Motley Fan

Motley Fan New Member

mmm, very very hot.

20. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Now, if anyone uses incredimail for their email, I have a gazillion letters/backgrounds I've created, with Samarel's permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.