[Ask a Guy] shy guys

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by babyblue, Jul 26, 2009.

1. babyblue

babyblue New Member

Ok so I am having the absolute hardest time deciphering this new guy! He is my Best friends boyfriends best friend. He drives me home and puts me to bed when im drunk and is completely a gentlemen about it which is awesome but theirs so many other things. He is so shy, all the signs are there that he likes me but he Denys it. he goes out of his way to be around, he took time off work without even being asked to so he could come camping with us, he shows all the body language signs that he is attracted to me like eye contact, pointing his body towards me, making himself look bigger (flexing muscles ect.) and bragging about working out. I was talking to him and told him that I thought we should hang out more and he asked if i meant as more than friends. Well I said that I meant as friends but if something developed than it could (i wasn't about to go and say i was crushing on him, i dont know him well enough yet) then he got all bummed out and said I thought you liked me? I told him that i thought he was attractive but i would like to get to know him better before anything and asked if he liked me. he replied with "no" and thats all. Am I right to say that this is confusing or am i totally blowing it all out of proportion. I dont know what to do. Help me please I dont have alot of experience with dealing with guys. I also talked to his friend that I know and he said that he is painstakingly shy with girls to the point where he can bairly talk with them so I dont know if maybe that has something to do with it. The friend said just to stay friends with him and wait...

2. Trond

Gold Member

You said: "I meant as friends but if something developed than it could." in those words? Did you mumble it or weave it into a long, complicated speech? I am asking because I wonder if he may have completely misunderstood you. Sure, you women can be a little cryptic at times, but I think what you said is pretty clear. Most men tend to be a bit obvious when attracted to a woman, so I don't think you have misread him in any way. Are you sure he understood that you did not rule him out as boyfriend material? I was always shy with women, but if a girl I liked put it the way you say, I would take the hint, and be happy about it.

3. babyblue

babyblue New Member

That is exactly what I said. I just dont know what to do about him. Were going camping in a few weeks so i guess I'll see then. He had offered to help my mom move on friday but found out he had to work.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

If a man offers to help someone move he's after one of two things, beer or pussy. If he hasn't requested a case of beer, I'd say he's into you PLENTY. ;)

#4 Barbwire, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. HardRocker

Gold Member

Pin him down with a lip-lock before he can protest, and take his hand and put it on your breast. That should clear things up.

6. fantasien

fantasien New Member

hehehe...HELL YEA!

7. xavier211985

xavier211985 New Member

so true!! hehehe.... :bow

8. babyblue

babyblue New Member

HA Ha lol that would probably scare the crap out of him!

9. Trond

Gold Member

Actually, I used to be shy in my teens and early twenties, but I don't think I would mind at all if a girl i kinda liked did this to me back then:). In fact I wish my wife would do this now (sigh)

I can only speak for myself of course.

10. babyblue

babyblue New Member

yeah but its not for sure that he likes me. He confuses me. We all went out today as a group and he totally ignored me the whole time. He didn't say hi to me and didn't say bye to me, he litterly skipped over saying anything to me when we were all sitting together. I just wish I could know whats going on before this gets too deep and I end up getting hurt again. I'm just wondering when it's finally going to be my turn to fall in love.