Should you have sex early?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by shazam120, Aug 9, 2007.

1. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

if you are in your mid twenties or later and are still a virgin, will women not want to have sex with you? or will being bad mess up a relationship you might be in? so is it a better idea to have sex as soon as possible?

2. Pride

Pride New Member

Well im going to be 19 this month and i am a virgin. Most girls say its a turn on. I guess i have to take their word for it. Personally this is how i think a women would view it.

1. Whats wrong with him.
    2. He wont be very good.

or something else...it just doesn't seem good to ME.

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

If a guy was in his mid-20's and a virgin, I would wonder why he hasn't yet had a love relationship. In other words, it's not the lack of sex that would spook me, it would be the lack of relationship experience. I would want to know what's prevented him from getting involved with someone on an emotionally and physically intimate level.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

There is more to sex than sex, and when you love someone deeply you have this almost overpowering desire to have sex with them. I don't think it is healthy that someone has gotten to their mid-twenties and not experienced this deep type of relationship.

On a carnal level anyone can have sex, it is really easy to do. Good sex is entirely different, and it is surprisingly hard for a man to be a good lover. Most mid-twenties women would expect a mid-twenties man to have partially advanced on their sexual learning curve. On the other hand, if a man at this age is having his first sexual encounters and he is prepared to listen and learn from his lover, he can compensate for his lack of experience if he is thoughtful, attentive and connected to his partner.

I don't think it necessary to start having sex at a very young age, but I believe love and sex should have started by a person's very early twenties.

5. Stormy

Stormy New Member

Well put, but there's lots of reasons why someone might be inexperienced. As the saying goes, sex is the easy part. Don't feel pressured to get physical before your ready.

6. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

As Bluesy said i would like to know whether the person has had relationships etc before. But not having had sex wouldn't be a problem at all. Indeed i have a lot of respect for people who wait until they are ready instead of doing it simply to get it over with.
    And inexperience doesn't have to mean bad sex. As long as you are willing to learn there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

7. xplodez

xplodez New Member

think of it this way, do it when your 20, 21 or 22, when your ready and more mature, better that way versus doing it at 16 and regretting it and wishing you waited... plus either way your going to be judged, you will be judged as doing it too young or being too old, but its all about when your ready,

8. Pride

Pride New Member

I have the problem of girls not believing me when i say im a virgin. I almost have to argue with them about it.

9. Kirby08

Kirby08 Banned

maybe cuz i'm a guy, but i think doing it young is good. i jsut hit college and looks like everyone is sexually experienced..i lost it in sophomore year and i felt great because i became a pro by senior year. and everyones doing it young these days anyways

10. kaffwahn

kaffwahn New Member

I lost my virginity soon after I turned 20 and was in my first serious relationship - if I had lost it any earlier I would have regretted it because I wasn't mature enough, even at 18. I don't regret waiting until I was comfortable in a relationship before I lost it.

11. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Get some first "hand" experience, if possible plenty of it before going all the way. And don't rush it!

12. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Way to bring up a 4 month old thread :p

13. JS1980

JS1980 New Member

I waited until I was 24 to have sex. My then-gf (now-wife) actually talked me into it. I just wanted it to be special and with the right woman. I'm glad I had sex when I did. She actually found it to be a turn-on that I waited for so long and she had enormous respect for me and my decision.

14. bigpappi

bigpappi Member

From what a few women have told me (just talking to them about this kind of stuff) if said person had never been in a relationship then that would throw up a red flag...but if that person had been in relationships but chose not to have sex most women would find that a turn on and would love to have sex with him for the first time...kind of break him in and teach him some things.

*ladies....do not attack me if you dont like this response, I am merely stating what i have been told"

15. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Pride, I have to wonder why your virginity ever comes up
    in a conversation, It's not a bragging point I wouldn't think.
    And if you talk about your sex life that easily to that many
    girls. How cum you haven't talked on of them into having sex.

I have long sense passed the stage of being young but I can
    remember what I did with girls and that was mostly trying to get into
    their pants not talk about virginity,
    Why would you ever bring that up. Maybe say casually after
    betting a piece. That was my first time.

Put a little more effort into fucking them rather than telling them
    you are a virgin.

Hiker

16. cook74

Gold Member

When I was a virgin I used to tell my friends that I was well schooled, but by the time I was well schooled I wished that I was a virgin again. I would love that feeling again, just to start over...

17. pbjsw

pbjsw New Member

My wife and I started having sex when we were in high school. Almost ten years later, we know each other's body so well. All the experimentation of what works and what doesn't definitely has paid off over the years.

18. deepgirl187

deepgirl187 New Member

Being a virgin myself, I wouldn't be opposed to having sex with a guy who was an older virgin. We all are ready at different points in our lives; I don't see the point in judging someone for waiting.

19. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

Hell yea, I'm all for that.
    I would start over every day.

Hiker