Should Some Threads Expire?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

Should some threads automatically expire (and be deleted) after maybe...a year? to save space on the forum, with perhaps some exceptions allowed by a mod

2. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I don't think they should expire.. but rather be moved to an archived forum & be locked

ETA: however I could see some like irrelevant posts by people who made 2 posts & were banned/deleted being deleted to save space..

3. Kermit

Gold Member

I guess it's werid seeing 2, 3, 4 year posts on here

4. luvbug

Gold Member

I think if the members arent suppose to post on a thread because it is old..then it needs to be removed.

*runs....while shoving a french fry in my mouth*

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

Bug, you don't need to be afraid to post your opinion on things, trust me, people have been hostile as hell today and nobody has had anything said to them about it. You're not going to get in trouble for voicing your opinions or concerns.

As far as old threads are concerned. OLD RULES stated that you couldn't bump old threads. New rules? Doesn't matter, bump and post away. We PREFER you not put irrelevant shit into old threads but if there is something you feel would be good to add, by all means do it.

Irrelevant means posting "Omg yeah id tap that" in a thread from 2006 when the member has been long gone.

6. Rob_E

Staff Member Administrator

If a thread is time sensitive it can be closed if it is no longer relative. This is usually at the request of the poster. However, there is no reason to close or remove a thread that isn't time sensitive as it might spark new discussion of an existing topic down the road.