Should I.....

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by melicious, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I'm thinking of piercing my clitoral hood. Any thoughts? Any experiences?

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

I've heard that it sometimes reduces sensitivity...don't know how true that is. If I were considering it, I'd seek a medical opinion first.

3. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Please Mel, DON'T do it! Cold, dirty metal down there is NOT sexy! I've read of cases of women who had surgical trimming and adjustment to increase senstivity. That makes sense. You don't need metal down there to enhance your beauty! I like you just the way you are!

4. pirouette

Gold Member

My husband has been doing those piercings for 15 years. A horizontal hood is a nice ornament providing a little extra stimulation during "normal intercourse". Whereas the verticle hood, resting directly on top of the clit, provides direct stimulation whenever pushed on/ contacted.
    Sometimes it is done incorrectly. Anything can go wrong if you don't seek a skilled piercer. Take your time finding the right person. And take your time considering it. :)

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

A1 says YES. Just follow pirouette's advice. (vertical is what my ex had .... t'was nice!)

6. Ørtse

Ørtse New Member

I always did find rings unattractive

7. pussycat69

Gold Member

I think it would look hot.

8. Bella

Gold Member

Not sure if I could do that - don't like pain.
    I have heard the same that it decreases sensitivity.
    I personally think belly buttons that are pierced are sexier!
    Bella

9. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Only if it has a place where we can put a padlock on it and a chain which we can hook up to a leash! ;>

10. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

Ouchie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It hurts just thinking about it and I am not even going to get it done.

11. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

On the other hand, one needs to be very careful because infections CAN develop. Don't wanna see anything happen to melicious!

Teen Has Breast Removed After Infection
    October 27, 2006 6:29 PM EDT
    CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. - A teenager who decided to get her breasts pierced for her 18th birthday faces reconstructive surgery after a flesh-destroying infection forced doctors to remove her left breast.

Stephanie Edington of Crawfordsville remained hospitalized Friday at the Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, where surgeons also removed lymph nodes and infected skin up to her collar bone.

Dr. Robert Goulet Jr., a professor at the Indiana University Cancer Center, said the piercing created an entry point for the bacteria, but the procedure likely did not cause the infection itself. Edington is diabetic, which left her susceptible to infection, he said.

Doctors diagnosed Edington, who had the piercings on Aug. 29, with necrotizing fasciitis, or gas gangrene - a rare condition that results from rapid bacteria growth and leads to tissue destruction. It is only the third documented case in the world of gas gangrene in the breast area, Goulet told The Paper of Montgomery County.

She was in critical condition by the time she arrived at the hospital Oct. 14, Goulet said.

"By the time she got here, the skin tissue was all pretty much completely dead," he said. "She was a very sick kid when she got here."

Edington is on an aggressive antibiotic regimen and has already undergone three surgeries. She faces several more, including eventual breast reconstruction.

She said she was eager to be discharged but worries about what awaits her.

"I would like to get out, but I am scared of what people are going to be thinking," she said.

Edington's mother, Pamela Osban, said her daughter's illness has shaken their entire family. She worries about her daughter's future.

"You have no idea what it's like to almost lose your daughter and then to make the decision to have one of her breasts removed," she said. "Some people say 'It's just a breast.' They aren't an 18-year old girl. It's devastating for her and for the family."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

12. Alien

Alien New Member

But even the beings in the article say this,"Dr. Robert Goulet Jr., a professor at the Indiana University Cancer Center, said the piercing created an entry point for the bacteria, but the procedure likely did not cause the infection itself. Edington is diabetic, which left her susceptible to infection."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.