Should I shave them?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heelfetish, Mar 25, 2008.

?

Should I shave my armpits?

1. Yes! Hairy pits look out of place when you're smooth everywhere else

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Just give 'em a little trim

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No! Men look silly with shaved armpits

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. heelfetish

Gold Member

Just got back from the Caribbean... Of course I remove all the hair from my chest and back, as well as 'down there', and during the winter my legs too. But both my wife and my brother-in-law commented about my armpit hair. I've always wanted to shave my pits, and with the comment my wife threw out, she may not be totally opposed to the idea. I have to admit having hairy armpits does kinda stick out when you're hairless everywhere else. And it looks terrible when I decide to dress up. :ugh

So what do you all think? Should I try shaving them? Just give 'em a trim, or leave 'em alone? I haven't made up my own mind, which is why I'm asking. :)

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I was actually surprised to hear that you hadn't been shaving them already. Of course you should shave them. After all you shave your legs don't you?

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

I don't shave them in the spring/summer. I wear shorts daily and don't need the hassle of being bugged about my shaved legs. :ugh

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Well, I think that if you're already removing the hair from your chest and back anyway, then removing your armpit hair seems like the next logical step. If anyone asks, you could just say you like the feeling of being totally hairless,..which is true, isn't it?

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

It is completely true. I loathe body hair. However, since my wife isn't completely keen on my being 100% hairless, I tend to leave hair in places expected of a guy out of respect for her. But when she commented on my armpit hair down South, I'm starting to wonder if she too thinks I'd look better with them bare. :)

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

I voted "yes". I don't think it looks effeminate, it actually seems like a lot of male models go for the all-over clean look. And who knows...maybe your armpits are an erogenous zone. It would be fun to find out, eh? :brow

Oh, and welcome back, Mr. Heely!

7. Dreama

Gold Member

Shave em'. Sounds sexy!

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

I say just trim them real short, for starters, see how you and the wife like the look. Perhaps just a neater appearance might be all that's needed.

Personally, I'm not too keen on the look of a shaven armpit on a guy.

9. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Shave them, baby. You are too hot not to!

10. heelfetish

Gold Member

While I was doing my daily lawn maintenance in the shower this morning I decided to tackle the bushes and shaved them smooth. The positive majority here coupled with my want to do it for so long, factoring in my wife's comments in the Caribbean, I went for it. Hell, it's only hair. It'll grow back. :)

It took a while to get it all, but they're awesome! I think I actually like the look, although admittedly it isn't all that noticeable. I'll get her reaction tonight. :)

Thanks all for voting and sharing your opinions!