should I move on..

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Nomoretomorrow, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Nomoretomorrow

Nomoretomorrow New Member

Hi, this is my first post here I hope I'll have positive responses.. so here's my problem..

I'm with my first girlfriend since this summer and we've been together for 5 months. I've had the best times of my life with her, and for the first two months we'd used to be together all the time. Since a month, her mother started lying to me for reasons that might be related to the fact that she lost her job and her boyfriend and she's jaelous of our relationship. The same thing happened with her best friend and now everyone seems to be trying to seperate us. We've argued a couple of time because I didn't know that those people were lying to me and for a moment, I thought I had lost her because some guy said she'd gone back with her ex boyfriend, but it wasn't true aswell.
    She's 17 and I'm 18, I'm going to college next year in Montreal so right now we only see each other on the week-end and when we find some time during the week, because I don't have a car yet, and I fear it'll be worst next year because I won't be able to see her has much as I do now... Yesterday, she said she thought she might just be staying with me only so I don't get hurt, because she had enough of everyone trying to make us break up.. she also told me she loved me more than everything..
    I really love her and if it wasn't for all theses things I can't control, I'd stay with her all my life because we never had an argument before all this story started.. Now I just don't know what to do.. should I stay in good term with her as a friend before it gets worst.. or should I try to make it work, even if everyone seems to be against us...

Thanks for reading, sorry if there's mistakes or something, I speak french.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Moving from adolescence to adulthood is very precarious. By your age, and the situation, it sounds like you are steeped in the middle of the worst-case scenario.

Sometimes parents have a hard time letting their children (especially girls) grow into their rightful inheritance - ADULTS (women)! Watching our innocent angels venture off and explore their sexuality is hard for us. After all, that's "daddy's little girl".

Perhaps a good gesture would be to engage her family in your "relationship". Expand your interest past the girl - and get to know her "roots". Showing interest in her family fares well, in that parents find it refreshing to see a man who will go to any lengths to win their approval of his friendship with their daughter.

Head games, I know :ugh But life is full of them.

3. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

One planet. 6 billion people. What are the odds you've found the "ONE" at 18? Be a gentleman. Put a nice, pleasant end to it. Wish her well and go live your life.

4. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

If my grandparents and parents took that advice, I wouldn't be here... along with my brother.. my 3 uncles, my dad, and my aunt. My grandparents were married for over 55 yrs and my parents are going on 35 yrs of marriage and both couples met when they were teens.

No one here can truly tell you how to handle this situation Nomoretomorrow.

It all comes down to how much you want to make this relationship work, not just you, but her as well.

When you are away you may find that you want to explore new relationships and maybe what you felt wasn't true love... or you may find that being away may in fact confirm that you really are in love with her.

The other part of the equation is her finding those same feelings for you.

In the end, being apart will help decide where your future with her lies.

5. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

My bad. I interpreted it as seeking advice, not telling him what to do.

Dear Nomoretommow; URGENT; Please stay together with your woman or you will cause Flitskates grandparents, himself, his brother, his 2, no, 3 uncles, his dad and dads sister to all suddenly disappear.

I have got to learn to give my answers more thought. It hadn't even occurred to me how this could have impacted long existing people. :D

6. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

I think you watched "Back To The Future" a few times too many...

I recall saying if he "took that advice"

Looking back at my post seems I was right:

"If my grandparents and parents took that advice"

7. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

...it was supposed to be funny; to cause smiles, laughter maybe even a snicker or two. Just teasing you.

8. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

How do you know I wasn't laughing?

Just wanted to you feel shame for your unhealthy Back To The Future fetish.

9. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

On this occasion after reading the op, i actually agree with this, if a relationship is in this much trouble at this stage (5 months = still honeymoon period) and then add the prospect of long distance looming, imo lifes too short move on, meet some more girls before you go to college.

10. Nomoretomorrow

Nomoretomorrow New Member

thanks everyone, I guess I'll just try to talk to her and we'll see..

11. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Well, I hope you were.

Back to the future references are lost on me, though. I've watched maybe 5 minutes of it, ever, total.

12. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

BLASPHEMY, go out and buy it right now, or at least download it or something.

13. bsxy420

Gold Member

you can get all the advice in the world. but you have to do what your heart tells you...we only know what you say on here, we dont know how you are with her in real life. take time to sit and think about everything before you make a decision that could come back to bite you in the ass. just think about it and your heart will tell you what you should do.

14. Logger

Gold Member

One thing I should do more often it to ask my woman what people are saying to her. My woman is more easily influenced by the opnions of others.

Maybe if others are brinning you information, you should find a time to ask her about situations.

Making Love last often means taking hte intieative to have a difficult conversation.

I personally have to prepare some phrases and wording, in order to have the courage to bring up difficult topics. It sometimes takes me days and weeks to get enough phrases laid out, so I can bring up a difficutl topic for discussion.

15. Barbwire

Gold Member

Dewd! Don't sell yourself short; I snickered at least 3 times.