Shortbus

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbrmale, Mar 17, 2007.

1. cbrmale

Gold Member

I usually hire a DVD to watch on Saturday nights, and I saw Shortbus on the new release rack. I'd heard of it, and I had seen the trailer, so I thought why not? It is complete and uncut in Australia. Actually, you couldn't cut the explicit and real sex out, because there would be so little left.

It is a funny film, and quite different to anything else I have ever seen. It is explicit, the first five minutes sets the scene! Certainly for the broad minded, but the plot gradually unfolds. For me, the most arousing part was at the end with the three-way kiss. Fully clothed, the brunette with the long hair and wicked smile we had seen a few times with her partner and someone else. Very hot!

It is a film about relationship and sexual dramas, and there is a lot of bad sex. After watching this film, any bad sex you've had in the past, or any to come in the future won't seem so terrible after all!

So if you see it for rental, maybe it is worth a look. It is different, if nothing else.

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I sometimes wonder why people watch the TV
    Sometimes I wish I could but I cant stand nonsence.
    Everybody in the family thinks I,m crazy because I don't.

Hiker:sf

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

Shortbus is a movie, and you won't ever see it broadcast on TV!

I like interesting movies, like good books they take me to far-away places and I live a different life for a while before returning. I just watched the movie 'Douches Froids', a French movie. A coming of age story mostly revolving around the after-effects of a late-teen threesome. It was interesting, the first threesome evolved without planning, it just happened because Mikhail and his girlfriend and his judo partner were all there at the same time. It was fluid and tender and loving. And when they tried to repeat it, it was calculated, cold, seedy and doomed to fail. I felt so sorry for Mikhail, he lost the girl he'd been seeing for around ten years.

Nice film, I enjoy films that stretch my mind and imagination a bit.

4. SexyScorp

Gold Member

A good movie is fun, especially when you dont watch em often...

My fave of late is The Libertine about the debauched Earl of Rochester played by the divine and sexy Johnny Depp...

Beautifully erotic...worth a watch, just to see his eyes and mouth...

mmmm......love you Johnny.....

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

I saw the Libertine a few weeks ago, and a very good movie too. It was very close being a true story too.

There are a lot of crap movies from Hollywood around, but if you look hard, there are a lot of really good non-mainstream movies worth watching too. I keep looking at the film festival reviews, and when they come out on DVD I borrow them.