Shooting One Off...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SWGirl, Oct 26, 2010.

1. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

Steve's always been into shooting. I think he learned how when he was like 2 or something ridiculous. And being a cop he's got a very unique stance on guns. "Have you ever shot a gun?" was also a question in another thread about getting to know other members. I was just wondering if there was anyone else in the forums that likes to shoot regularly?

Steve and I go about once every other week. He's a cop and I have a CCW permit and we have several guns in the house. Off duty he usually carries a Glock 19 9mm and I carry a .38 special Smith and Wesson 637.

We both try to shoot IDPA when the season comes around and it's something else that we enjoy to do together, and include our friends in.

*** I also think he's incredibly sexy doing tactical shooting drills. And the adrenaline from shooting at the range always carries over when we get home:). ***

So, anybody else?

2. Northside

Gold Member

Yeah I shoot regularly. My grandfather had me shooting a .22 when I was 4 years old. He had to hold up the barrel, but I could sight it and pull the trigger. I have some cool rifles like a 50 cal Hawken muzzleloader, an AR 15, an M1 Garand, and an old Winchester 30-30. I have a CCW too. The Sheriff made it clear he didn't like having to give it to me, but he had to by law. I don't understand why cops are so suspicious of us law abiding bikers. I usually carry a Glock Model 30 .45 cal. when I pack. i wear a cool shoulder rig with the .45 under one arm and two extra magazines under the other. It's invisible under my vest or a jacket.

3. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

These officers, don't know jack. And as it's said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Almost every officer I know is a whole-hearted supporter of allowing citizens to arm themselves. If someone is going to make the effort to go through federal, state, and local background checks, get fingerprinted, interviewed (loosely), and pay over $100 bucks just to get a tiny pink slip of paper that states that they do, in fact, have these constitutional rights, then they are A-OK in my book. I'm a firm advocate of taking safety and skill classes, but don't think it should be a requirement to get a permit.

Most cops think the same way. You just don't hear about them.

I carry my Glock 19 9mm when I'm off duty and concealing. On is a Gen 3 Glock 21 .45ACP. I also open carry some of my other weapons when I'm off duty.

What platform is your AR-15? I built mine. Yankee Hill lower in (5.56) and individual Rock River A4 upper parts with a free-float 16" M-4 barrel.

And I love the 30-30. I've got an old Model 94'. Gotta love the lever-action.

~Steve