[Ask a Girl] Shoes to go with my wife's new dress?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Adventurer, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Adventurer

Gold Member

"UPDATE: PICS ADDED TO PAGE 2"

My wife ordered this mini-dress (see below)...but she isn't really a high-heels wearer per se...So she doesnt currently own any (well, not actually high heels)...BUT, I told her I want to get her some high heels to go with this dress.

(And she wants to. Im not forcing her to wear them, just to be clear, but again...she doesnt really wear "high heels" on any regular basis. We bought her a pair years ago, but the material rubbed into her feet or something so she basically never wore them.)

She does have dress heels. Kind of short. I dont know what you call them. But we want to get her something sexy.

What do you ladies recommend? Should I just take her to the mall (expensive probably though, and she wont want to spend a lot on them) and let her find a pair? (Or some other retail store?) Or perhaps buy them online? (but take a chance they arent the right size?)

And what kind/color would go with this? (Im thinking color black? Because she also owns other dresses, and maybe she could wear them with some of those as well?)

She'll probably have some idea herself of course, being a girl...but I'd like to have some educated ideas and suggestions mysefl, in order to help her out.

Anyway... Thanks for any help!

SzQfxIw.jpg

#1 Adventurer, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  2. On_Top

On_Top New Member

Take her to Charlotte Russe. They've got a variety of heels for cheap.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

Black heels or if you want something to pop, silver heels or even a crazy color like pink. Sometimes it doesn't have to match to be super sexy. :)

If you're worried about price, just go to payless or a similar place. Then you aren't spending more then $30 or $40 on shoes that she may only wear once.

Here are some shoes I think would look sexy with the dress.

Payless, Women's, Women's Kipsie Stitch Peep Toe Heel comes in back or pink.

Womens - Brash - Women's Kosmic Platform Pump - Payless Shoes

Womens - Fioni Night - Women's Jeana Knot Slingback - Payless Shoes

Womens - Christian Siriano for Payless - Women's La Femme Pump - Payless Shoes Sometimes even just a simple pump can be classy and very sexy. :)

4. 12barblues

Gold Member

No real advice, just want I say that I always enjoy being involved in finding her sexy stuff to wear....I love watching as they try things on and parade around in them for me.....

5. Adventurer

Gold Member

Thank you for your recommendations On Top and Mittimer!
    Much appreciated!

As usual 12barblues... agreed!

6. Adventurer

Gold Member

Oh... Just out of curiosity...when you girls go to try on shoes... do you wear the outfit you are getting them for? Or do you like...just know what you are looking for?

7. sandwich

Gold Member

I usually know what I'm looking for so I don't take the dress with me.

This is such a fun question. I love fashion!!!

My two color picks may be nontraditional, and it's because I get real tired of the black shoes with black dress thing. Plus I like fun colors (I do not own a black bag). I like the idea of a nude shade or a nude that is on its way to being tan and then also a fun color like a deep pink. Nude shades are especially nice in patent, and with the pink, it doesn't matter. It looks like the model is wearing a pinkish red pair. I will go check the offerings and see what I find.

Okay...I found two dark pinks and one nude just so you could see the colors with black. I will have to look at the dress again and think about complementary shoe styles. Does she prefer her toes to be out or in?

This will be my first time posting photos here so I hope this works...be back soon.

8. sandwich

Gold Member

Here ya go.....

Google Image Result for http://www.zigoti.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Which-Shoes-Go-With-Black-Dress.jpg

Google Image Result for http://lidijaslove.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/black-dress-with-fuchsia-shoes.jpg

Google Image Result for http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/47538-hot-hollywood-trend-bright-shoes-with-little-black-dresses/1323713367_moore-decker-dobrev-467.jpg

I found the above images by googling "shoes to wear with black dress". I like them in the order I posted them...see how those nude shoes make the model's legs look? There were, of course, all sorts of black shoes, but if it was me buying black shoes, they would have to have some extra amazing design elements.

This next pair is something I found that I would not wear with your wife's dress, but now that I have seen them, it is inevitable that I will have to hunt them down or find a knock off.

shoes to wear with black dress - Google Search

Her dress is real cute, by the way.

9. sandwich

Gold Member

Yeah it's me again. I like these sexy ankle strap shoes.....

Patent Metallic Ankle Cuff Pump: Charlotte Russe

These might work, but it's hard to tell how dark they would be in person....I accidentally gave a link for the black pair, but I meant the tan ones....

GUESS Women's Shoes, Hondo Peep-Toe Pumps - 3-Day Specials - Shoes - Macy's

Uh oh...I just put these in my shopping cart....

INC International Concepts Women's Shoes, Selva Pumps - Pumps - Shoes - Macy's

Double uh oh...Nordstrom is having an online shoe clearance....my fav place...see ya!

10. Adventurer

Gold Member

Wow, Sandwhich! Thanks for the tips advice and links!
    I'm glad this thread brought you some pleasure too!

I am pretty positive my wife prefers open toe. And I know I do... She has sexy feet niw i dont consider myself a "feet guy", but i definitely see the sexiness/appeal of a naked, or almost naked foot. So just as with clothing for the rest of a woman's body...less is more. :)

I think the very first pair you linked were my personal favorite ones. I like the 'nude' look. But I also like the color too. You have good tastes. Again, thanks for the tips.

I'll do that google search for her and see what she likes. This will give us a good place to start.

Do you ever have any issues ordering online with getting a pair that doesn't fit?

Or do you recommend going to the store as well?

11. lovethewife

lovethewife New Member

I like the whole ensemble

12. Adventurer

Gold Member

The dress is coming from China... so it will be a bit before she gets it. Perhaps I'll take a picture of the shoes she chooses? Is that something you gals would like to see?

13. Adventurer

Gold Member

Hey, the dress arrived yesterday! Hopefully she'll model it for me tonight!

14. sessuale

sessuale Member

I have the exact pair -- "Womens - Brash - Women's Kosmic Platform Pump - Payless Shoes" from Mittimer's post. They are awesome!!!! Especially for a dress like that. I wore an ensemble similar to that on Valentine's day. It looks good!

15. sandwich

Gold Member

I would say about half of the shoes I buy online don't fit, and sometimes I don't like them when I see them in person. My fit problem is that I am closer to a narrow width than a medium width, and shoes are sometimes too wide for me. Even so, I do most of my shopping online, and I only buy from places with good return policies. I return things via the post office or UPS, and since the economy tanked a few years ago, a lot of companies offer free shipping both ways or very reasonable rates at the least.

I go to stores every once in a while, but that is more of a social thing. We women like our lunch and shopping dates with our bffs.

16. Adventurer

Gold Member

Thanks, I'll have to check those out.

Thanks for the input!

My wife wears a size 6.5.

Here is a pair of shoes that she likes. but I dont know where to find them in her size. (I've checked ebay) Ladies? Can you help me out?

They are called Vince Camuto Edda Wedges... the site had a link to another site to buy them at, but they must be sold out or something.
    Here are what they look like. So even something SIMILAR to these would be fine.
    Chic on the Cheap: Fiona's Style

Now those may not be the ones she gets for the above mentioned dress mind you. But she likes them, so I'd like to find them for her.

Thanks!

17. sandwich

Gold Member

It would appear that you can get those on Amazon. I googled Vince Camuto Edda Wedge. Vince designs some nice handbags too, and they aren't priced as high as some of the other real leather handbag brands. Nordstrom might have the shoes, and if they do and the price is the same, you can't find a better return policy or shipping price (free both ways).

18. sandwich

Gold Member

I just went back and looked at that blog post and noticed it was dated 2011, so no wonder Nordstrom doesn't have them. Amazon is sometimes the only place where I've been able to find something from another season. The shoe comes in three colors, by the way. Good luck!

19. sandwich

Gold Member

I guess there is only one pair left in her size, and it's a different color, which I like better than the brown, but if the brown is what she really wanted then another shoe might be better. Sorry!

20. Adventurer

Gold Member

Thanks sandwich!