[Ask a Girl] shaving the lady bits

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by redics_girl, Jan 28, 2013.

1. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

i try to keep it shaved and neat cuz the hubs prefers it, but its an awkward area to shave, and i don't have a good view of what i am doing so i rely on feel, which adds quite a bit of time. my questions is- what is the easiest way to keep the bits shaved, and also, what kind of razors do you use to get nice close shaves? I have tried several, and some will work for awhile, and then they all end up lacking. i'm a little shy to get a wax because i'm a bigger girl and i don't want to be laughed at, so shaving is all i have to rely on right now.

2. sessuale

sessuale Member

Hey redics_girl! I have used both an electric razor and a regular wet razor before. I have a personal preference of an electric razor because it doesn't give me any kind of razor burn or bumps. It also has the ability to either trim the hair or give a close, smooth shave.

I hear ya on the fact that so many end up lacking after a while. I have tried many different razors and they all do the same thing after so much time. I have the braun silk epilator, which has an interchangeable head. It can be a razor or an epilator (yanks the hair out). It was a bit pricy, but it still works perfectly after a year.

I also have a trifold lighted mirror to... ensure accuracy. ;)

Also, I know everyone probably says this, but I sure hope it is pretty true for the most part. When you go into a salon they should be acting with professionalism and tact. I would hope that the last thing they would do is laugh at you. Perhaps, you could shop around for a person who also does eyebrows, etc. If you feel comfortable with them after a few visits, you may be more willing to ask about a brazilian wax if that is what you want to have! Just a thought.

Hope these links help. Good luck!

Jerdon 5x Deluxe Lighted Makeup Mirror Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

Braun Silk-Epil 7681 Epilator | Overstock.com

3. redics_girl

THANK YOU! will have to check those out :)

4. MordsithLove

Gold Member

Ooooh yay, I'm shopping for an electric one too!! Thanks Sessuale!!

5. sessuale

sessuale Member

Welcome gals! :)

I don't know that I am an expert, but after trial and error for a little over 10 years, I'm finally getting the hang of what works for me!

Also, for anyone who does go with shaving with a wet razor, "bikini zone" now has a shaving gel, which I think could be used in that area as well. Could decrease razor irritation, which would also help with a smooth finish.

6. biker061

Gold Member

is there a reason redic can't help out with this? we find that a nice close trim with ann electric beard trimmer works well! and of course an imediate taste test is required after!

7. redics_girl

apparently its a turnoff for him to help me shave. he helped me once, and did a pretty poor job anyway, so i'm ok with doing it myself, its just frustrating sometimes. and its hard to shave it again when i've only shaved a couple days ago cuz the hairs are too short and its just pointless and frustrating (hence the frustrated post that started this thread :ugh)

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

LOL, SO uses my Phillishave for ultimate smoothness :)

9. Sobey1

Sobey1 New Member

You are brave!

I've used a... before down there. After laying in a warm bath, the hair softens and the pores open up which reduces the pain. IT STILL HURTS THOUGH!

Good luck!

#9 Sobey1, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
  10. sabian

sabian New Member

That's why I am all about the natural look... it is just so sexy!!! it feels great looks great, taste great!!! you name it its all good. hahahah. And not to mention easy to maintain.... love it.

11. Meow

Meow Member

I love a woman with pubic hair...the more the better.

12. laydbazinga

laydbazinga Member

go brazillian find the best one in town, the more you go the less the hair comes back AND no razorburn and itchy... yes it hurts like a Muth @!$%$#% ! But in the long totally worth it:)

13. IdoPiddleSome2

FWIW I use a small electric Yankemouter (quite carefully TYVM) in places. Not only stays smooth a lot longer but less irritation and no sensitivity to anything that BURNS if applied right after shaving. I've seen a Braun with a double-row of wheels but that's got to be the high-end "Mercedes-Benz" of such devices. Hairs can't be too long, or it's more painful, Skin must be pulled taut as a fiddle-string, in the right direction. Then it works well if wielded with care. Best regards.

14. laydbazinga

laydbazinga Member

it seems either way pubic hair removal is going to be uncomfortable either way. Good luck

15. Reclusive

Reclusive New Member

Wife is a bigger woman and shaves her labia. She uses conditioner as 'shaving cream' and never has had irritation or drawbacks from it.