[Ask a Girl] shaving help!

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by blondi, Dec 31, 2010.

1. blondi

blondi Member

ok. so i finally decided to bite the bullet and do the topiary down there. it went fine, and then came day 2 and three. day two was horribly uncomfortable and by day three i decided "well it just needs more attention than your legs" and i attempted to tidy up again. i say attempt because i didnt get past the first stroke. it was actually painful. im not sure if the hair was just too short to be shaved again, if my skin is just to sensitive to do this, or if im doing something wrong. i really enjoyed the first day of topiary down under so id like to make it the norm, but if i cant find a way to do it without shredding my skin, its back to a trimmed lawn for me. any suggestions ladies?

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Blondi, do you use a blade shaver and soothing cream or electric shaving device?
    My SO used to use the blade and suffered likewise until I suggested she used my rotary blade electric shaver which she did with wonderful results.
    I have since bought her a female shaver which works ok but never as smooth as when she uses mine which she still does for special occasions and anyway I like her clean pussy smell on my face afterwards :)

3. awakened

awakened New Member

This is advise I got from Michellesoldman.. He said to try to shave under water while in the tub, do a quick over pretty much everytime you bath. Works like a charm !!!

i always put a witchhazel mixture on afterwards for soothing.

4. blondi

blondi Member

ok, electric shaver and witch hazel, im on it ;) thanks so much

5. HisLilSecret

HisLilSecret New Member

if you are using a regular razor make sure you dont shave against the hair growth, this can cause ingrown hairs & itching. If you shave in the direction the hair grows it should cut down on irritation.

6. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I guess that depends on the person. Shaving with the hair always leaves stubble for me, so I always go back over against the hairs. Never gotten an ingrown on my face or down there yet, and it's always smooth in every direction. *shrug*

7. CruelTease

Gold Member

Sometimes using conditioner instead of shaving foam/gel can help.

8. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I second the conditioner.. and baby oil after EVERY time.. I've only had problems when using a dull razor (I use the razor a couple times on my legs first.. then it's "safe" for down there.. if I use it there first it feels as though I'm going to nick myself but that may be all in my head) or not putting baby oil on. If I am extra long, I use shave gel but I always use conditioner for the "close up" - it seems to work much better than shave gel/cream

9. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

Pay 12 dollars and get a Brazilian wax. You'll be good for at least a few weeks. It's not nearly as bad as movies and tv try to sensationalize it to be, mainly for comedic effect. And regular baby oil does wonders too. Try it on your legs.

10. GreyGoose

Gold Member

All this talk about shaving down there is kinda turnin me on....

11. too_thick

too_thick Member

The first few times will be "uncomfortable" while shaving down there.

12. lovn_my_bbw

lovn_my_bbw New Member

YESS!!!

i remember the first time i shaved down there i was in high school, first day was alright but the next three days were hell. i couldnt stay in my seat it was horrible, i usd to use a blade to but now i use an electronic shaver, works like a charm. my woman also uses an electric shaver but sometimes gets it waxed.