Shaving "down there"

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by ViviWannabe, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViviWannabe

ViviWannabe New Member

Any tips on how to avoid irritation, as well as those little red bumps? :D

2. rudv82

rudv82 New Member

tips...

Some red bumps are inevitable the first couple of times and some people are more prone to them than others. I have been shaving for the better part of ten years and hate it when there is any hair on or around my cock and balls.

My routine to minimize irratation is this... trime the area to about a quarter of an inch... a very hot shower and a brand new razor. I use the Veunus one. Use a gel based shaving lotion or creme and be carful with the menthol ones unless you can stand the "cool" sensation. I found a product called "King of Shave", you can get it at Target or order it online. Here is where people's opinion differ... some say never, ever shave against the grain. If you don't shave against the grain you won't get the smooth, soft feeling you are looking for. My experience has been that this is not the biggest ontributing factor to getting red bumps. Shave the area keeping it as lubed as possible and trying to avoid overshaving an area, one pass or two at the most. After you shave make sure you defoliate the area, this is very important, and apply some baby oil and massage in while still in the shower. PAT dry. If you do this at night and then sleep without underwear you are less likely to get the bumps. If you must do it and then get dressed right after shaving I have found that using a deordorant stick like Secret or Suave helps reduce likelihood of irratation. Don't try to shave everyday until you body gets used to it. Letting it grow a bit before you shave again helps. I have found over time that I don't get as many bumps and that the initial itching (one or two days after) doesn't happen. Now I get real itchy and uncomfortable when I let it go for four or five days. Each time you shower between shaving you need to scrub and moisturize the area... it seems like as little ocntact with clothing and surprisingly sunlight help reduce the irritation... most nudists I know have very little problem with bumps. Over time they subside... biggest msitake most people make is not using a fresh blade! I know this is long and rambling... Good Luck!

3. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I've been shaving for years now & I still get the red bumps. I guess my hair is more coarse than most people...it's almost like an african americans hair. I did find that Bikini Zone helps some if you apply it right after shaving. I also found that using a good soap or shave gel will do wonders. I usually use Oil of Olay extra moisturizing with Shea Butter...it keeps it really smooth & very soft!

4. heels_addict

heels_addict New Member

waxing is the best method imo..
    i wax mine every other week and never ever shaved.... and never had problems with irritation and ingrown

i mean don't you get those itchyness from the hair when its growing out? once you shave don't you have to shave it all the time.. as often as it could be

5. Logger

Gold Member

Wife's hair dresser

I get my wife's permission to occasionally trim down the length of the crotch hairs. I use barber quality sissors and a comb. About once a month seems to keep things workable. When I want the area well lubricated, I use Vaseline on the area with the short hairs, plus Astroglide on the tip, baby oil everywhere else, seems to work. I use Kormex Jelly inside.

Logger

6. bobcat

bobcat New Member

Heels_Addict,

What type of wax do you use? Is it just those wax strips? Have you ever tried those roll on waxes, or is there not enough area to get a good roll going?

Also I am male (just sick of shaving, the face is enough...lol). So have any of the blokes out there attempted waxing thier scrotm...or is it actually possible?

7. xo0zeron0ox

xo0zeron0ox New Member

That area might be a little too sensetive... dunno...

8. tina

tina New Member

I agree that waxing is ALOT better and lasts alot longer but I haven't heard of any guys waxing... there's also a product called Veet (Kinda like Nair and Neet) that is pretty ok but I still go with the waxing...

Believe it or not I use Camphophenique (its for bug bites and other stuff like that) - this was suggested to me by the lady that did my waxing and incredibly it works great.

9. slickncrazy

slickncrazy New Member

A guy waxing down there??? ouch!!! Sorry that's just my opinion, I only trim mine a lil.

10. hurley

hurley New Member

Yeah, waxing doesnt sound to much fun. Id stick with the razor *if* i shaved everything. I find it nice just to leave it all there but have it trimmed short.

11. MiRi

MiRi New Member

I hate those little red bumps. I also hate when it itches like hell. Anyone know how to avoid the itchiness? I personally hate shaving because of that and avoid doing it. My bf doesn't mind whether I shave or not, but I'd like to surprise him someday by shaving.

12. ps-

ps- New Member

I dont shave my area around penis totally.. i trim it nicley down, but i shave my balls smoothe...

I used just normal soap and i dont get the red dots, but i do get ALOT of irritation for about a weeek afterward.. :[

13. jiggy

jiggy New Member

I've been wondering for so long myself how to avoid the irritation. Some people say shave in the direction of hair growth, others say against the grain, who knows, I still get the itchyness...shaving cream or not...I do find there is less irritation if I use a brand new and *very* sharp razor... also if i take a soft brush maybe the day after and go over the skin with it lightly to remove any dead skin, that helps a bit too, and also if I put lotion on it right away and for a few days after as well.

14. Ladyinred

Ladyinred New Member

There is a very small electric razor called "Personal Touch" that you can buy at Wal-Mart. It uses AA batteries. It can also be used to trim eyebrows, etc. It works great!!! No bumps-No itching It is awesome!!!

15. nobatteries

nobatteries New Member

hair condtioner is the BEST. i am a guy and i use a venus razor with some generic hair conditioner. it works great and no bumps. ever.

16. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

as far as wax goes... surgiwax Brazilian works GREAT... its a hard wax so you don't need the annoying paper strips. It comes with oil you're supposed to put on beforehand so the wax doesn't stick to your skin, but i find that then it dosn't stick to your hair either.

only problem i've found with waxing is the pain tolerance it requires... does anyone know of any OTC anisthetics?

17. desertguy

desertguy New Member

BiBiBaby...try Solarcaine. Its a spray on topical anasthetic used for sunburn and such. Just might work...

18. stefemma87

stefemma87 New Member

Yeah I get those red bumbs all the time, but they never irritate, just don't look v nice. I even have to wear bikini shorts rather than knickers cos it's now spread to the v top of my legs :mad I think I'll try waxing down there instead to see how it goes, hopefully that'll work a bit better. Anyone got any ideas as to what wax I should use?

Stef x

19. p51fastone

p51fastone New Member

hmm, if so many people get the bumps, wouldnt eventully you all figure out your doing it wrong... that electric job, the personal touch sounds nice.... i just wonder what that would feel like,
    and how long does it take to grow back?...
    do you have to cut it every day?
    but it must be nice not to have to deal with hair!!!

20. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

skin there is so sensitive p51 and everyone reacts differently....

and an update from attempting to use solarcaine.... didnt work for me... it caused some sort of oily film over the hair keeping the wax from sticking. and when even after the antisthetic kicked in, i wiped off the film, and it just didnt work to prevent the pain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.