Sharing Pictures

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by MordsithLove, Apr 30, 2013.

?

Shared Intimate/Exposed/Explicit Photos of Yourself/Themself

1. Yes I would still be with/date him.

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. No I would not still be with/date him.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes I would tell my husband/boyfriend.

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. No I would not tell my husband/boyfriend.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes I would still be with/date her.

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  6. No I would not still be with/date her.

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. Yes I would tell my wife/girlfriend.

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  8. No I would not tell my wife/girlfriend.

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MordsithLove

Gold Member

I am in a bit of wonder about how others feel about sharing intimate, personal, exposed/explicit photos.

It is understood, most do not share photos for their own safety and security. But some of us do share publicly, and privately, and selectively. Perhaps though, how would your SO or a potential boyfriend/girlfriend think of such, and vice versa?

Vote on the poll and will see how this turn out. Please do share your points if you wish, and lets be civil and constructive in our discussions!! I separated the answers to get a guys vote vs girls.

2. xeniadraven

Gold Member

As a member who shares pics on the forum I find it a bit of fun. Naturally only a select few get to see my face via pm.

My OH is aware of this in fact he took most of my earlier pics. Its a bit of a giggle :)

I share pics privately also, I feel as long as its a two way street then its a fantastic way of getting to know someone without being able to meet face to face.

3. biker061

Gold Member

it's a bit out there but we both have a streak of exhibitionism in us so we post body shots.

4. AtkCCC

Gold Member

I know Wifey has shared in the past. I haven't but then again all my life I've been camera shy.

5. sandwich

Gold Member

I'm not ever gonna put even a pic of my big toe anywhere online ever again. I even took all of my Facebook stuff down as well as all the bio info like where I went to HS. While I realize you can set things up so only your FB friends can see, I'm not trusting that. I had the thought of taking pics of all my instruments for this place, and well, I have never gotten around to it.

Then there's what happened when I told my bf about this place. He was all concerned that I had pics on here and was relieved when he found that I did not. I suppose he could have his own pics online, but I doubt it. If he did it wouldn't bother me. He would have to be skypeing and have feelings of attachments to online girls to piss me off.

My thought is if we ever changed our ways on this it would be something we'd do together, but my money is on the just keeping the visuals to ourselves sort of way of doing things. He's kinda going through a slow evolution of acceptance that I am on here at all. But...it would kill me to keep such a secret from this amazing man who I knew for so long as a friend and will now be with for life...shit....did ya notice that?....I think I'm getting done with being all jaded....almost done anyways.

6. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

Wow. I can't imagine having a partner who would have a problem with me being on this forum. That's tough.

7. sandwich

Gold Member

Well, perhaps since you are a newer member, you have not had some conversations of the nature I have had on here. I like my filthy talk extra filthy with a cherry on top, and I think maybe he was second guessing things and wondering if I would do all these things in real life with perfect strangers. At first I couldn't believe he would think these things since he we've known each other for so long, but being that he decided I was his "one", he went a little jealous on me. He wants me all to himself...mind, body and soul...and that's how I want it too.

Now if our recently banned newer member was still on board, she'd probably be jumping down my throat and telling me there was something wrong with us for assuming the people who like to play around can't have "normal" relationships. And thank god y'all know that's not at all what I mean. It's just our preference.

8. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

wait, she got banned?:eek

9. xeniadraven

Gold Member

GBblondie did yep x

10. AtkCCC

Gold Member

WTH? Well now a few things make sense! Oh Well!

11. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Don't know what happened. I noticed she hadn't been on in a while and when I visited her profile I saw she'd been banned! !

12. AtkCCC

Gold Member

I know there were some heated discussions but something else must of transpired!

13. BigTitLover

Gold Member

Till I get my weight back down to where it was before I broke my back I will not be sharing LOL

Back down where I was then no prob. Currently little to fluffy.

14. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

I honestly would be petrified to put my picture on here. "Hot...hot...hot...insecure nerd in polar fleece and glasses...wait, WHAT????"

lol.

15. AtkCCC

Gold Member

See now you got me all Hot thinking about Naughty Northern Librarians! ;-)

16. xeniadraven

Gold Member

FOTS go for it! :) You might be surprised by the responses - i know i was when I shared pics. It can be an amazing confidence boost.

17. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

I'm library science degree free. lol.

Eh. I really can't. Unfortunately, I've had some problems with creepiness, and I'm not confident nor comfortable posting pics. I generally need to know someone a bit before sharing them.

And pictures of myself in the buff? Perish that thought! lol.

#17 fireontheside, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  18. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Hey now come-on, no one was asking to see your degree! ;-)

19. sandwich

Gold Member

Fire...I can't blame you for wanting internet security/anonymity. My "big toe" comment had to do with that sort of thing and nothing at all to do with my bf and his feelings about pics....long story...it's on here somewhere...don't feel like telling it again. That's why there are no Facebook pics of me any longer nor any identifying info other than my name.

Speaking of pics and visuals, I never knew how to fill out the body type field so I just went with average, and who knows what that means. I think we need a write-in option. My friends would tell you I'm tall and thin, but really, in terms of body and clothing size, I am a medium. Add to that the fact that in the US, anything over a size 4 in jeans is not thin enough (not for me and mine). Then my perception of thin would not involve being slender but curvy (that's my best description of me) and having a dancer's legs and the hips/ass I have (my waist is 13 or more inches smaller than my hips) and large but not huge tits...I love them....it seems thin connotes being stick-like in my mind.

On the other hand, my friends might say I'm athletic cuz I have some tendencies that way. I*wouldn't be skinny enough for one guy on here, and then maybe my ass wouldn't be big enough for others.

So Fire, I'm sure if ever you do post pics, there will be those who think you look just perfect.

20. fireontheside

fireontheside Member

Yeah, for me it is a privacy/security thing. I only share my face with people who I know will keep them private and not share them with others...at any time, for any reason. Trust, basically.

A picture of my toe wouldn't really matter, lol. But I still wouldn't post it. If I won't post my face, then might as well include the rest of my body in that policy.

I had some pretty bad experiences sharing pics when I was younger, around 18-19. It didn't go well, and I had some serious creepers to deal with. It was no good.

So now, I stick to sharing them with trusted friends only. Easier that way. But then, you understand where I'm coming from.

As for body type, I genuinely don't mind discussing that. I used to be very heavy and unhealthy. I lost weight and am now down to 163 lbs. I'm a size 12 and perfectly happy with that. I still have a little bit to go, and I still have body parts I'm not happy with, like my belly, thighs, and arms, but overall I look and feel a lot better, and look fit for the most part. I don't look like a fat person anymore. I have pictures from December 2010 when I was at my biggest, and it makes me cringe inside to see myself like that.

I think I look curvy and healthy, with some imperfections here and there, like my stomach, but I'm not posting my body here for anyone to judge.