[Ask a Girl] Sexy Shoes

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Albert, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Albert

Albert New Member

Looking to buy my wife some sexy heels. Any advice on where to order? Any pics of some sexy heels and where you bought them?

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Zappos has free shipping both ways.

3. sandwich

Gold Member

I could write pages and pages about shoes. Typically, I buy shoes at Nordstrom and Macys. I wait for sales. If you want super slutty shoes you have to buy them from a slutty lingerie place. But you can buy up to five inch heels most places these days. It really depends on your budget and what you think is sexy. Also, the problem with Macys is that more and more of their manufacturers that always used leather in the past are now making shoes with man made materials at prices that you would previously have paid for real leather. That's why I prefer Nordstrom, but then they are expensive and you have to wait for a super sale. I posted a pic of a pair I recently bought on another thread just the other day. I think it was the last thing you bought thread, but I could be wrong about that.

So tell me what price range you are looking for, what material and color and heel height you like, what she will wear them with, and I would be happy to post some suggestions.

10_3XL and CaramelLady like this.
  4. CaramelLady

^^ I want to go shopping with sandwich.

5. Albert

Albert New Member

Black brown maybe red or a animal print Jeans, shorts. slacks, dresses 4inch maybe 5 inch maybe even 3 inch

6. ginger

Gold Member

^^ I dont o_O

JonJo likes this.
  7. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I'm a dude guilty of owning many pairs of shoes (have 13 pairs at last count, all in varying styles)... I get most of mine through a site called ShoeBuy, but I'm also guilty of the typically male habit of NOT trying on because "I know my size."

I couldn't advise on purchase of women's footwear, though. But I suddenly want to go shopping with sandwich and/or CaramelLady... hoping that after enduring such an "unmanly" venture as shopping they'll reward me by making me feel like a Real Man. ;):p:rolleyes:

8. JonJo

Gold Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Be honest - what you'd really like is to be the sales person, while they are trying them on.

9. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

This sounds like the beginning of a wonderful story! "Two beautiful women enter the changing rooms, giving the attendant a not-so-subtle invite to help them with their selections..."

*sighs* A man can dream...:rolleyes:

10. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Gift card and let her pick them! Everyone is happy that way...;-)

11. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Go for Louboutins!!!!!!! :)

12. sandwich

Gold Member

Oops! I just remembered I said I would share some shoe ideas. I will try to post some pics. But first, let me say that this is not a great time of year for finding brown shoes, and I don't like most black shoes because I am into fun colors. That being said, when I do go with black, the shoe has to have an interesting design element to get my attention. I know you didn't say anything about nude colored shoes, but I consider them to be a favorite because they go with almost anything, and they can be really sexy. I have a thing for patent leather. The first shoe I will show is one I do not own (I have a similar but less expensive pair), but I thought it would be fun to start with because it was made famous by Kate Middleton. Now you see this style in various brands all over the place at various price points image.jpg

CaramelLady likes this.
  13. sandwich

Gold Member

Brands I love that are not over the top expensive and usually made with real leather include French Connection, Vince Camuto, Dolce Vita, I.N.C. (a Macy's brand). There are others, but that's a start. There is this one classic pump (referred to as court shoes by those who live in the UK) that I own in a couple colors. They are made by Vince Camuto, and he has managed to make his designs reasonably comfortable compared to those by other designers.

Attached Files:

CaramelLady likes this.
  14. sandwich

Gold Member

Here are some black shoes I like. Let me know if you need more info about them such as who they're made by and where you can get them.

Attached Files:

CaramelLady likes this.
  15. sandwich

Gold Member

You're in luck. Here are a couple cute brown pairs.

Attached Files:

CaramelLady likes this.
  16. sandwich

Gold Member

You mentioned animal prints. For the most part, I am more likely to wear an animal print shoe in the fall and winter, but I like these for this time of year and on into the summer. I actually own the pair on the bottom right, and they are made by one of those comfort shoe manufacturers. Usually comfort shoes look like old lady shoes, so I say hallelujah that they got this wedge shoe right!

Attached Files:

CaramelLady likes this.
  17. sandwich

Gold Member

Okay, now for the fun....these are happy shoes. You'll maybe notice I have a thing for pink. Maybe your SO has a favorite color that is something other than the four you mentioned. She may enjoy a pop of color on her feet. I saw the upper left pair in a magazine. They are made by Zara, and they are on the way to my house as we speak.

Attached Files:

CaramelLady likes this.
  18. sandwich

Gold Member

One last thing....there is this great website called 6pm.com. It is a Zappos company. Basically, most of the shoes have been recently discontinued, so the prices are slashed. Right now there are great deals on some Pour La Victoire shoes that super cute. There are many other great deals to be had among other more expensive brands as well such as Kate Spade and Stuart Weitzman.

Oh we can't forget about boots. I am in love with two boot brands which I try to only buy on sale. They are Aquatalia and Donald J. Pliner. I love the Stuart Weitzman 5050 boot series as well.

Have fun!

19. sandwich

Gold Member

I forgot to add these....

Attached Files:

CaramelLady likes this.
  20. CaramelLady

Love these!