Sexy scents

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Bluesy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Bluesy

Gold Member

So I got into a discussion with a friend the other day about the sexiest fragrances we've ever had the pleasure of catching a whiff of. Currently, I'm deeply and madly in love with Vera Wang's Princess (IMO, it's toe-curlingly delicious in a warm, fresh, vanillay, floral kinda way). On men, I can never get enough of the tried-and-true Obsession for Men :brow

What is the sexiest fragrance you've ever smelled on a woman? On a man? Is there a perfume/cologne you wear that always seems to captivate the opposite gender? (Or same gender, if you swing that way.) Are there any unusual scents that get your libido humming?

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I will watch intently at this thread, as I really need some new ideas. I've always used Obesssion. Been using it for years. I think it's time for a change. Hope you get good response to this thread.

-------------
    And Bluesy - I JUST LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR!!! VERY SEXY (AS USUAL)! :tup

3. deepgirl187

deepgirl187 New Member

Vanilla Fields perfume. One whiff will give me a warm feeling all over. But then again, vanilla is one of those scents that is incredibly pleasing to me.

4. eandvk

eandvk Member

An ex-GF of mine used to use a pomegranate lotion that was a scent that drove me nuts! Made me just wanna give her massage after massage with that stuff........... Sorry I dont know the name of the lotion since that was over 10 yrs. ago.....but I can still smell the fragrance of it....weird how that stays with you...

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Years ago I got one of the leading roles in Aristophanes' comic play, Lysistrata. I played Myrrhine, one of Lysistrata's sexy cohorts. My character was named after the famous exotic scent, so in order to help get into character, I went to a perfume shop and bought a bottle of myrrh oil and a hand-blown Egyptian perfume bottle to keep it in. I kept it with my makeup and supplies, and each night I got into my Myrrhine wardrobe and makeup I also anointed myself with this wonderfully spicy, sexy, perfume. I had this great scene where my character is supposed to seduce her husband Kinesias, and the hot stage lights would make the perfume rise off of my skin, and it would drive him absolutely wild.

6. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I like when girls smell fruity. Don't care what the brand or what it's called, but fruit smells nice :)

7. ChargerBabe

ChargerBabe New Member

I love Nautica for men. Every time my hubby puts it on I can't keep my hands off him!

8. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I'd think most women would love a men's cologne that smells like dark chocolate. I'd think most men would love a women's cologne that smells like a grilling filet mignon.

Just kidding. :D My wife likes Calvin Klein IN2U on me. I can't remember what her's is called but I like it...it's very fresh smelling. I'll have to ask her the name of it again.

BD

9. pppofmine

pppofmine New Member

My favorite for women is Angel by Thierry Muggler, I always get comments on how good it smells. For men, I have to say Polo by Ralph Lauren.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

I have a few uninhibited ladies in my past, and a few mentioned that they preferred no artifical scent at all. Or as one put it, 'I love the scent of a man.' I don't know what a man smells like, but I don't use cologne or aftershave, and I use scent-free deodorant. My wife ditto at her choice.

The scent that gets me turned-on is the scent of female sexual arousal, and I've smelt it a few times, even though I don't know what it smells like. One lady newly met and we were having casual conversations, and she was cool and aloof to a degree. And yet the sexual tension was amazing! I picked up on something, not facial expression or body language, but I picked it. Despite her demeanor the next step was easy. "I'd like to see you again," I asked, and she agreed.

11. Bluesy

Gold Member

Hmm...I'm far from being knowledgeable about perfume, but what immediately sprang to my mind was Givenchy's Very Irresistible. It's much lighter than Obsession, and the core notes are rose (gee, I wonder why I associated it with you! :)). Very soft and sensual fragrance. You can read more about it, if you'd like: http://www.parfumsgivenchy.com/frag...nchy__new_ad/fragrance/fragrance_2_25_38.html

You're too sweet, btw (about the avy). You know I aim to please ;)

I get that feeling from vanillay fragrances, too. From what I've read, the male libido responds most strongly to dessert-type scents (vanilla, donuts and pumpkin pie in particular for some weird reason), so I don't think you can go wrong with vanilla :)

Oooh, that sounds delicious and exotic! Any fragrance that would inspire a guy to give massages is a winner in my book :brow

Fascinating! I've heard of using Frankincense oil alone or layered with a perfume, but never myrrh...this sounds like something worth investigating :)

So you're another one who likes a woman who smells good enough to eat :brow And the second fruit fan. Very interesting.

It's amazing what the right scent can do to libido! :brow

Now that's just plain common sense, isn't it? :lol Which makes me wonder why I've only ever seen dark chocolate notes in women's perfumes...I have yet to encounter one with filet mignon notes ;) That might attract all the neighborhood dogs as well, I'm thinking.

Please do! I have yet to smell IN2U, but the name is very appropriate for you ;)

I've yet to smell Angel, but I've heard very good things about it. From what I understand, Princess is something of a scent-cousin to it. Polo...another tried and true!

There is definitely something arousing about a person's natural musk. I think perhaps this is why different perfume/cologne notes are brought out or subdued depending on the person who's wearing it. It's interesting how a person's body chemistry can alter the fragrance (and why it pays to "test drive" before buying!).

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

My all time favourite eau de toliette spray is a scent called "Annie" made by Annie Oakley. I just love the scent and so does my husband. It's very natural smelling and feminine. I also like the "Indian Musk" scent made by the same company.

13. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hey...don't talk about the neighborhood hubbies that way! :D Most of 'em are nice guys...really...

Good catch! Flattery will get you everywhere, o' seductress of equivoque...;)

BD

14. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Stella by Stella McCartney always gets the Boyfriend going :) I looove Gravity for men.

15. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

For men : Armani Black. Used it, liked it.

No ideas on the woman front.

16. Bella

Gold Member

Although I do like Obsession; I tend to like Ralph Lauren's stuff more.
    I almost ALWAYS get complimented & I absolutely LOVE it!!
    I don't wear it all the time when I go out though...tends to get me into "trouble"!

For my man...I like Xeryus...I think it is my fav!

~Bella

17. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

I cant remember the name of the hairspray..it brings back memories of a my first love. My heart drops, and I get sooooo weak in the knees..

18. Bluesy

Gold Member

I looked them up and they both sound divine :) The Indian Musk sounds especially sexy.

Har dee har har :p :lol

Sounds good...I'm intrigued by the combo of florals in Stella, it's been added to my "To Smell" list :tup

Anything with "Armani" in the name was made with you in mind, I'm sure ;)

Which RL perfumes? ??? I want to know what gets you into trouble...I'm taking notes here, Bella dear :D

I've never heard of Xeryus...it sounds exotic :brow

That is so sweet...and absolutely hilarious :lol

19. eandvk

eandvk Member

For me , my wife has 3 faves, that she loves when I wear..

Obsession for men
    Paco Rabbanne after shave and cologne
    Drakkar Noir

The good thing is I also enjoy wearing these scents and have been complimented plenty of times by women,especially when wearing the Obsession and Drakkar.

20. Bella

Gold Member

Bluesy,

Here ya go babe!!

http://www.mysimon.com/9015-10952_8-23149742.html

http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2215311&cp=1760786&ab=int_092707_Wralph

any of these will get you into trouble, but the blue one is my fav!!
    ~Bella