[Ask a Girl] sexy media portrayals

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Trond, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Trond

Gold Member

I am getting a little tired of people (gender studies people mostly) telling me that I am part of a 'privileged' class because I'm a white male. I am a Norwegian in Canada. Most people think I sound a bit German when I speak, and back in Norway, I was asked to join the army simply because I was a guy (girls don't have to). This does not mean that others don't have their own problems, but 'privilege' my ass. :lol

More to the point: one of the websites that people like to link to in order to 'educate' people on how badly women are treated in the media is this one:
    Nerds and Male Privilege Part 2 – Deconstructing The Arguments | Paging Dr. NerdLove - Page 3

Now, here's my first simple question: look at the pictures on that site. Which row of pictures do you, as a heterosexual woman, think is most sexy?

2. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Truthfully, neither but I guess the second row would be closer to my "type".

3. Trond

Gold Member

Thanks. Silly question perhaps. But feel free to elaborate (maybe a character like James Bond is closer to the mark :))

4. Miamia

Miamia Member

I like Bradley Cooper, if you want to know :)

5. Trond

Gold Member

Thanks! I guess I can see why the ladies like Bradley Cooper.
    What about 'exaggerated' characters? Like Ironman, Conan the Barbarian, James Bond and the like? Are they mostly just guys 'power fantasies' (i.e. 'wish I was like him') or are they attractive to the ladies as well?

6. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I never heard of him but a quick Google and I can understand the attraction.

Nope, I don't like the "cardboard cutout" types.

I like my man with a bit of softness about him but not so soft that he can't open a jar without spraining something.

7. OverSinged

Gold Member

I can open jars without spraining something! Can't promise the jar will survive though.