Sexuality questions and a moral conflict(NOT homophobia)

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by LilBAM, Mar 9, 2010.

1. LilBAM

Gold Member

I did some searching around...and hopefully I found the right forum to post this in(I didn't post this in Sex and Relationships since I am currently single). If it isn't, I sincerely apologize in advance.

Alright. I've been unsure of my sexuality for a while now, and I hope I can get some help here. :) I'm 18, and up until about 6 months ago, I wasn't very into anything sexual at all...but my best friend helped me introduce myself to quite a lot of sexual related things when she started having sex with her fiance, and telling me about it. I was very, very sheltered from these things until then...I didn't even start masturbating until about 6 months ago, either. Really, REALLY late bloomer I'm sure. My hormones have finally kicked in, and now it's made me incredibly curious about anything sex related, and my libido's gone really through the roof.

I've really been learning about quite a few things over the past few months. At this point, I'm now questioning what my sexuality is. At first, only girls interested me or got me aroused...but lately, guys have also gotten me aroused. I have had many thoughts about having sex with both guys and girls, and both arouse me...I can get off to both. I get aroused by nice breasts and an ass on a woman, and a big penis really turns me on for a man as well. I fantasize about vaginal sex, anal sex, oral sex, and many other things.

I have a dilemma with this, though. It's not homophobia, either. If I'm gay, bisexual, or straight, I'll embrace it. I *want* to have sex with a guy and a girl very badly to see which I like more, but I'm very afraid of the risks it could have, and I'm not fully comfortable with going against my morals. Up until I started having these thoughts and feelings, I was set on not having sex until I got married, or at least engaged(basically, I know I would be with this person forever). Now, I feel I need to change my stance on that, and go out and have sex freely for a while, to figure out what my sexuality is. Down the line when I do find the person I want to be with, I want to be completely dead certain that I'm making the right choice. I don't want to be with a girl and then wonder if I'd like sex with guys more, or even just guys more in general, and vice-versa.

How should I go about this? Should I keep with my morals that strongly and just wait it out, see if my hormones are just going nuts and will settle down? Would I even be considered bisexual, bicurious, or what? Do I perhaps have the wrong mindset about this and I'm just really confused?

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

I say go forth and fuck whomever turns you on. It doesn't matter what label you put on yourself, straight, gay, bi, all that matters is that you are true to yourself and your lovers.

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

Well said, that about sums it up. Be true to yourself, or risk being forever regretful.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I'm with CL on this issue.
    Dude go forth and discover...........
    Sex is the most wonderful thing in life and to do it with the one that makes it worthwhile is the ultimate.
    I wish you well wherever it takes you but given what you have told us so far I reckon you have the pick of all and the best!

5. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

As the previous posters have already said.....sometimes you just have to suck it and see.....just be sure to play safe in the process and come back to tell us all about it ok...:cool

Oh', and welcome to SF... :welcome

6. north

north New Member

CL said it best. All these insecurities and doubts you're experiencing are the result of the external conditioning you've been forced to endure (as have we all). Those who don't overanalyse enjoy life more. I say enjoy!