Sex with you best friend and the mix signals that followed.

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by BritneyButt, May 18, 2014.

?

Have any of you had sex with your friends?

1. Yes (it ruined are friendship)

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yes (were still good friends)

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. No

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. BritneyButt

Gold Member

I recently went through a bad breakup and I am thankful for having a friend who was there for me to help me get back on my feet. He is also dealing with his separation from his wife so we kinda lean on eachother for strength. One night when he was over to watch movies he started helping me cook and that lit a fire in both f us. We ended having sex, only it felt like we were making love. I felt so comfortable with him though in the back of my mind I know this will change our friendship. He has made it perfectly clear that he's not interested in a relationship, but when were together he makes me feel like I'm his woman.

Have any of you been in this situation and how did it change your friendship?

#1 BritneyButt, May 18, 2014
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Yes I have. With my wife. We were friends at first. Then it became more. It was exciting intense and nerve wracking all at the same time lol.
    We talked about it a lot(both of us had been thru messy divorces) and were afraid we were rebounding in dangerous territory.
    In the end it worked and worked really well because we trusted each other completely from the beginning.
    Talk about it with him. Take it slow and just see where it goes. There seems to be obvious attraction and attachment on both sides. Those are good things.

CaramelLady, phish and BritneyButt like this.
  3. MissJuicy

Verified Gold Member

me and my now OH were friends for years before anything really happened, he was very immature and our friendship became a mess for about 4 years after we did have sex, we got together this time and the passion and connection is stronger than ever,

sometimes you have to let it run its course. What's for you won't go by you

BritneyButt likes this.
  4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Watch out the comfortable rebound and more hurt but yeah it can seem so good!

BritneyButt likes this.
  5. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I have and it completely ruined the friendship.

6. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Being with the right person, sometimes at the right time.
    Careful on attraction, implusion, rebound, but if things are right, go for it.
    Too soon, and things are still raw and messy for either partner, it can beeither a test or a disaster.
    Especially if there are kids involved. The usual bystander victim.

7. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I've had sexual encounters with friends (limited to sexy chat/sexting, masturbation, and/or oral, but I still count those). Honestly if you both enter into it knowing full well that it is strictly sexual and to "get off" and not a connection on any romantic/"intimate" level then it can work. At least, that is the case for me personally. Maybe I'm just lucky that I didn't have the attachment issue?

I'm not sure how more "serious" sex would play into future interaction, but I imagine it would be far more difficult to "play it cool" and not form some kind of attachment. It sounds like it would be a very bad idea in the Original Poster's case. Both parties involved are in fragile and "needy" emotional states - which makes you far more susceptible to falling into the trap of "false love."

Just my opinion - do as you will, though. If it makes you happy and works then great!

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I tend to disagree with the above.
    A satifying consoling fuck can do wonders for those who really need it but it depends on the individual.

ply and JonJo like this.
  9. mactheripper

Gold Member

Timing is everything! If these are meant to be things will work out.

HotForHoney and BritneyButt like this.
  10. BritneyButt

Gold Member

Not if he keeps flirting with other women.

11. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I voted for the "yes and it ruined the friendship"

Although my partner and I were friends beforehand I didn't include that in my decision.

In the past I hooked up with a guy friend after a spare of the moment "want to hang out I have a bottle of Jim Beam" drunken night and prior to that we'd chat about how our days are going what he's been up to lately vice versa... after that night.. spoke on a couple of occasions, he'd be all huggy when I saw him in town and I just felt idk "icky" and tried to avoid him. Am I a bitch for that? I don't know.

But yeah I'd say that night pretty much ruined any kind of friendship we had.. because of how I felt towards him.

BritneyButt likes this.
  12. mactheripper

Gold Member

Was the sex good?

BritneyButt and Untamed like this.
  13. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Nah it wasn't it was emotionless on both parts... all night we were talking about our exes and how we still had feelings for them... so guess where our heads were.. I was drunk.. he was drunk and none of us finished LOL. (It was just fucking)

I had the place to myself so said he could sleepover (in my bed) then we pretty much.. I guess due to habit.. started fondling.. undressing.. and yeah having sex I didn't enjoy it and in the morning didn't really want him to stick around

BritneyButt likes this.
  14. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

It happened with my friends wife after he passed away. She was in a car accident and was laid up for several months. I would go visit her and help around the house. When she was pretty much healed we had a night where one thing led to another. Things were awesome for a month or so but she met another guy. I guess I should have said that I am married. OOPS. Lol. She didn't want to be the other woman and she needed more so she eventually married the guy. We don't talk anymore because he is a jealous person but we will always be friends. Even though it hurt both of us we will always share a love of one another.

BritneyButt and mactheripper like this.
  15. oldkid

I answered no. Never had the opportunity. Friendships with women never seemed to happen. But that's another story.:)

16. BritneyButt

Gold Member

Things are going to be just fine. I just had to get over the shock that we having sex and I'm really liking him. When he's ready he'll come home to me.

17. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Yes!

BritneyButt likes this.
  18. CaramelLady

I hope it all works out for you Britney. You are a lovely person inside and out and I wish the best for you.

BritneyButt likes this.
  19. CaramelLady

Oh I forgot.... my vote was no. I am not emotionally strong enough to handle it if it goes sour.

HotForHoney likes this.
  20. BritneyButt

Gold Member

Thanks Caramel