[Ask a Girl] Sex Toys For Valentines Day: Bad Idea?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Kermit, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

I've got the usual gifts lined up so for the recond this isn't all she's getting. I've picked out an egg vibrator to use when we're having oral sex to provide greater stimulation for her. I've always told her i'd get her a decent bullet since the ones we have are just cheap ones. Like get one that has more power. And some anal beads cause she's always wanted to try them. But the question is it tacky or distasteful to give an SO sex toys for valentines day?

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

i don't think it's tacky at all. if she's into toys and will use them, why not? i'm looking for a toy for myself on valentine's day lmao

3. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

It's actually kind of interesting that you bring up this idea, because I was thinking of doing the same for my fiancee. She has really been wanting to try out a rabbit type vibe, and that is exactly what I was considering. Some input from the ladies might help set my mind at ease, but I may just get her one anyway.:D

4. igor

Gold Member

Hey - if your lady is into toys - why not?

5. awakened

awakened New Member

I think it is a great idea, especially when it ends up being her favorite toy !!!!!!! My husband just asked me what I wanted for valentines day, but i told him , fine dining at home. No fun stuff for me since surgery is five days prior.

6. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

Surgery again? Hopefully it's nothing serious.

7. andretti

andretti New Member

All depends on the recipient, your relationship, and her attitude toward Valentine's Day.

Some women are offended by gifts that are as much for the giver as they are for the recipient. If that's your girl, then proceed with caution! You could end up in the doghouse. It might be wise to give her something more traditional for Valentine's Day, and see how things go. You can always save the toys for Feb 15, or Feb 21.

I think many women can be more accepting of naughty gifts on special days if you are already making your own special days regularly (i.e., why wait for Valentine's Day to buy her flowers? If she digs flowers, surprise her with them every couple months or so.) If you rarely (or never) romance your gal, then she may have higher expectations on those "big" days. However, if you stay thoughtful throughout the year, and give her nice surprises regularly, then there's less pressure to get that big day right. That gives you a lot more latitude when you're thinking about going the naughty route.

Bottom line: 4 out of 5 women here might think sex toys on Valentine's Day is a cool idea, but that still doesn't tell anyone what your significant other would think.

You could try this idea: Give them to her a week later, and then, after the fact, tell her, "I thought about giving you these on Valentine's Day, but I wasn't sure how that would go over."

She might say something along the lines of, "Oh, that would have been cool! I'd have no problem with that." Or, she might say, "Well, I'm glad you waited. I don't think I would have wanted something like this on Valentine's Day." Either way, you'll know where you stand for next year.

8. Kermit

Gold Member

Update: I ended up buying the Bullet and the Egg, I made sure they had good reviews on their power. The Bullet and Egg seemed to go together really well as a pair, both in gift aesthetics and bedroom function but the beads seemed out of place and perhaps too much. She's getting The Lost Boys on Blu Ray (one of her favorite movies), and a stuffed bunny with the word "honey" on it referencing her pet name "(agent) honey bunny"

9. Kermit

Gold Member

Amazon.com: rabbit vibrator Vibrators I got my best friend (whose husband is often away on business and refused to buy her one, he's insecure) the one from Healthy And Active and she LOVES it

10. Kermit

Gold Member

I've bought her a couple bullets before, cheapo 8 dollar ones at the gas station i was working at as a random gift. They don't pack much power though. I always told her one day i'd get her a decent bullet.

11. Beach

Beach New Member

I've said it before and will again..california exotics turbo 8 would blow your socks off I guarantee it. lol..

12. Kermit

Gold Member

i'll keep that in mind lol if i decide to get another to do a dual anal/clitoral stimulation on her lol

13. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I think it's a great idea if she's into toys =)

14. Beach

Beach New Member

they do make one that has two bullets.. (I have that one too.) but id recommend the single as its more powerful.

15. Kermit

Gold Member

i'll maybe get the cali turbo next time lol, I'ts almost here :) amazon lied lol saying i wouldn't get more tracking info for five days, but two days later, i got an update, and then this morning another :) it looks like it will come in time for valentines day :D

16. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

Sounds like you two will have a FUN valentines day! :)

If you want to add to your bullet collection, I'd suggest one that is an egg-shaped bullet with a cord leading to the control and battery bank, as they have a lot more power than the traditional bullets that have watch-batteries inside them. They also last a lot longer. Another great idea is to get one with jelly attachments for the bullet and several different speeds and functions. Jelly attachments can really change the sensations you get from a simple little bullet!

17. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

18. Kermit

Gold Member

Thank you for my tip. :) My major concern was the power issue. Her jelly vibrator and her two bullets don't have much in the way of power. I wanted to give her a step up in pleasure. THe cheap bullets i bought her don't hardly have much power, though if used long enough can make her gush *giggles* Both the egg and bullet i ordered have cords attached to control/battery bank. Are eggs easily removed? I'm afraid of having the cord break off with the egg still in her vagina if i have to pull on the cord to remove it (dont' see any other way). Knowing her she'd enjoy having the bullet or egg inside her ass, but i have the same fears of them breaking off inside. Are those realistic fears?

19. Beach

Beach New Member

these toys are external dude.

20. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

No, because bullets aren't designed to be inserted into the vaginal canal. :) They aren't water resistant, and doing so could have some unpleasant side effects. I definitely recommend that if you use one on the outside of her anus that you don't use it anywhere else (for clitoral or vaginal stimulation) and that you get a finger condom to go over it or you use some plastic wrap as a barrier, just for her safety and to make the bullet easier to clean.

The bullets themselves aren't easily removable from the cord, but you still should not put them inside her anus under any circumstances. Unlike the vagina, which is like a little cul de sac, the anus isn't a "one way in, one way out" street. Toys can get lost up there and that usually ends up in a trip to the emergency room. Anything used for anal play should be a toy specifically designated for it and the toy should have a handle or something similar at the end so that it cannot get lost.