Sex-Somnia

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Emt, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emt

Emt New Member

Saw something interesting on the news tonight...

First off, sex-somnia is a disorder where an individual can wake up and have sex WHILE SLEEPING and not wake up. Now this might sound fun, but typically it's horrific. The person who is being essentially raped usually is held down and can't wake the other person up. It's not a new thing, I've read tons of data on it. But very little research has actually been done on it that would explain the cause and treatment of it.

Now for the interesting part. On the new tonight (A show called The BIG idea with Donny Deutsch) this couple was on and basically the woman said her husband has been sleep-sexing her for the past 5 years. She said he is rougher and more domminant during the episodes however she ENJOYS it!!!

He does it 3-4 times a week. She seems very happy, but this is definitly not the norm. Typically the partners are horrified and need to take action to prevent further occurances.

Just thought I'd share.

-Emt

2. Grandma

Grandma New Member

Interesting and scary at the same time.

I've heard about a girl who slept so deeply that she did not notice when a man had sex with her. I believe it went to court, and the man finally was comvicted for raping the girl. It's not the same as you describe, but the rape thing is involved in both, and I feel sorry for both parts.

3. Emt

Emt New Member

Well using drugs to force a person (usually a woman) to sleep for the intention of having sex with them is not un-common. Aside from the vaginal response to orgasm/intercourse it's almost like screwing a dead person. There's a film I recently saw floating around online somewhere. It shows a guy having sex with a girl who is asleep. At first it's sort of entertaining because you wait to see if she'll wake up, but she never does. Stepping back it's most likely a case of rape due to drugging.

That is what it sounds like you are describing. However it could be she is just an unbelievably deep sleeper.

-Emt

4. Grandma

Grandma New Member

In this case the girl was sleeping and not drugged. There has been a huge discussion here about it. Most people think it's impossible to not wake up, if someone is penetrading your body.
    I think it's possible, but only when in a relationship where sex is an everyday event. If I did not have a husband, I think (and hope!) I would wake up the second someone touched me.

5. Emt

Emt New Member

Hmm, well clinically speaking, this doesn't sound like a case of comfort but moreso that of a VERY deep sleeper. Certainly if the female is relaxed and not on edge in fear of being sexually assualted, it may aid in the relaxation of a startling response to penetration while sleeping, but the prolonged lack of a reaction is probably due to the inability to wake up or a deep sleeper.

Unfortunately I'm the same way, but I know God's watching because the few times it's counted, I've been woken up by the slightest sounds. Other than that you could blow up a stick of TNT in my bedroom and I probably wouldn't wake up if I'm not rested enough.

-Emt

6. pirouette

Gold Member

EMT,
    I'm so glad you posted on this subject. My husband must have this disorder. It doesn't happent often, but a few times a year it happens. And lucky for me, I am a srong woman- and never easily overpowered. I just wake up from time to time and there he is on top of me. He really is sleeping because he neglects to notice simple things.......like trying to enter me when I have shorts on. But I try not to wake him. And I try to motivate him back to a sleeping position.
    The first time it happened, I was quite thrilled and excited to have sex in the middle of the night. Half way through, he woke up. And was very disturbed to say the least. "How did I get here?" "What's going on?".......we had an interesting discussion about it. It's interesting to know they have labeled it as another disorder. Personally, I don't find it problematic. Kind of cute actually.

7. Krof

Krof New Member

It doesn't really sound problematic to me, if a person has this problem then they should use it in their favour. And if someone else abuses it, then you're just not fit to be together I guess.

8. downloadking

downloadking Member

WoW This topic sounds very intresting I must keep reading for more info...

9. Emt

Emt New Member

Doesn't sound like a problem?

Imagine that your partner is holding you down trying to fuck you in the middle of the night while your sleeping. Sounds cool up until this point but lets say you aren't lubed, wet or up for it...too bad, you're getting it anyways. Can't fight him off because you're already pinned down. You could try to kick him in the balls but that's about it. I'm not sure what the response to pain would be anyways, like I said originally there's not too much varied research on the disorder.

I guess if you were always horny all the time that wouldn't be a horrible thing to have happen, so perhaps it would be bad all the time, and if you're anything like the woman I saw on the show, she seemed to love it!!!

-Emt

10. loveangel

loveangel New Member

My husband had this disorder. It eventually just went away, but for a couple of years it happened quite frequently. He was never mean or overpowering though.

The first time it happened I was like...OH YEAH!!!! Then after about 10 min. he just stopped, went completely limp and said "what are you doing". He then rolled over and went to sleep. The next day he didnt remember any of it.

It happened off and on for years and I got to the point where I would just kind of push him away and help him get laid back down and he would go back to sleep.

You got to watch out though, one time he woke me up in the middle of the night and wanted to get frisky. I pushed him off like normal and he rolled over and went to sleep. I thought it was just another episode until he said the next day....werent up for it last night huh?? OOOOPPPSSS!!

11. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I can't believe this hasn't been fully studied. Sounds very fascinating. I wonder if there is some sort of genetic or experiential occurence which leads certain people to be more predisposed to it than others ....

12. Alien

Alien New Member

Hey A-1 when did I get between you and the sun?:dgrin

13. JDietrich

JDietrich New Member

Heard of this...

Hey,

My name is Jeremy Dietrich. I work for a new national talkshow called "The Greg Behrendt Show". You may know him from his books "He's Just Not That Into You" and "It's Called A Breakup Because It's Broken". Anyways, we are doing a show on this exact topic. It is a topic that we just recently heard about and noone really talks about. If you would be interested in helping us out, please email me directly at JDietrich@sonypicturestv.com

Thanks again...

-Jeremy Dietrich
    "The Greg Behrendt Show"
    JDietich@sonypicturestv.com
    310-202-2439

14. Krof

Krof New Member

To that I'll reply with: If your man is fucking you when you're not wet, you should NOT be with that man. He obviously doesn't like you and doesn't care that you're in pain.

15. condensator

condensator New Member

I would quite enjoy waking up to sex. then again, I have a penis.

16. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I did this once. I was with one woman, dreaming I was with another. We were going at it pretty good when I awoke and realized I wasn't in the bed I thought I was in. I said, "sorry", rolled off and went back to sleep.

17. FormerFreak

FormerFreak New Member

Sorry to laugh, but in a former relationship, I was the instigator of the whole event. My beau was oftentimes rock-hard in the middle of the night, and as close as we slept I knew exactly when that was, though he was none the wiser. One night, I just "backed up on it" and moved ever so slightly, and he mechanically began thrusting away. It was funny (to me) and the next day he laughed about it, too, saying that I should have woken him up!

However, no, being dry-raped in the middle of the night would not be cool. Ouch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.