Sex on TV, Increase?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasien, Nov 9, 2005.

1. fantasien

fantasien New Member

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Society is changing. Used to not have been able to say bitch, ect on tv. Now it's said uncensored. TV is one of the reasons why the younger generation is going down hill. I personally don't have a problem with it, but I am sure others do.

Take a look at Sex in the city, Desperate Housewives, and all those other shows. Not to mention what the more adult cartoons such as Southpark brought to the table as far as more mature content on network TV.

3. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

As the mom of 2 young children (whose television watching is monitored completely) both my husband and I are of the philosophy that we'd rather them see sex than all the violence everywhere. I can't even watch the morning news without a blood and gore commercial for CSI or LOST or some other crap. We were never big tv watchers anyway, but it's sooooo disgusting now. Blood and gore everywhere, but heaven forbid they show a tit or something my boys see everyday anyway, lol, then everyone and their brother has to protest and do studies...
    sorry to rant, it's kinda a pet peeve of mine....
    As a side note, I think it's hilarious that when they censor the phrase god damn, its the god part they censor, but the damn gets to stay... hahahahahaha!

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Yeah - seems to me we could use a little more god in our lives and a little less damning....:ugh

5. fantasien

fantasien New Member

yea, I SEE WHAT ALL OF YoU GUYS ARE SAYING. why can't we see a tit or an ass of some hot guy or girl? I would rather see that than anything else. But I loooove CSI. It's just i don't think kids under 15 should see these kinds of things without parental suppervision. But yet again, if they don't have any parentals around even 10 percent of their cildhood, who's to blame them? they got to get their info somewhere, Right?

6. dave_30

dave_30 New Member

Personaly i would love a law passed that one day a week everyone is to run arround naked..

Maybe then we wouldnt be so damned confused about sex.. and sexuality.

For crist sakes.. I read (somewhere) that a mother was arrested for indecent exposur for brest feeding her CHILD!@!... And from the story noone could even see her brest.. It was the IDEA.. They said it was inapropriat..

BS!! There is nothing more apropriate in the world then a mother feeding her child. Its the bloody left wing/right wing jackfools who are messing up this country.

GRRRRrrrrrrrr can you tell im a little peeved?

Check this out..

A person who is convicted of selling drugs gets like 1-4 years prison..

A person convicted of pirating MOVIES is fined 50K per movie and can get up to 5 years in prison.. (Bush made this law recently)

So.. Its better to get caught selling drugs then it is (cough cough) Sharing something that isnt elliegal. (Fair use law)

I am just waiting for someone to actuly FIGHT the MPAA and RIAA.. Because when they do they will win.

Sorry.. i will shut up now

7. Kai

Kai New Member

every thing increased on tv gays, sex, shit, bitch, fuck, murders all coming into the new way society things it isnt the 50 anymore

8. cloneBaby

cloneBaby New Member

I personally think that allowing sexual content on TV is a more liberal and democratic approach, but the way in which sexual content is used may need to be monitored carefully.